Chapter Four

Phoebe

I had been living in this house for four days, and I couldn't escape them. Every time I left my room I saw one or both of the twins. I saw them more than I saw Derick. And every time I was near them they flirted, or brushed against me, or talked in innuendos. After hiding out and limiting how much time I spent outside of my room for two days I got bored. I was not going to hide in my own house.

It took me about 30 minutes of exploring the house to find my favorite room. We had a home theater! There was a huge screen, cushy recliners and love seats, a popcorn machine, candy machine, and soda fridge; not to mention every movie imaginable. I was scanning the shelves of movies with such focus I didn't realize that Kade and Gage had found me until I was spinning around holding the movie I wanted to watch in my hand. When I turned I jumped sky high and yelped because they scared the crap out of me. To my annoyance they laughed as I tried to calm myself down.

"You can't sneak up on a girl like that, I almost had a heart attack" I snapped when they stopped laughing.

"We didn't mean to scare you, we just wanted to see what movie you were gonna pick and maybe offer a suggestion of our own" Gage says  as they both stalk towards me.

"What I am watching is none of your business because I will be the only one watching it"

"We can't join you?" Kade asks

"No" I reply sternly

"But we would all fit so nicely on the love seat, you between us, come on you know you want the company" Kade speaks again.

"I am sitting in that recliner" I sat as I point towards the recliner directly in-front of the screen. "If you two want to watch the movie with me then you can sit somewhere else, and I get complete say in the movie. I don't want any suggestions."

"Deal" the both say quickly and headed towards the recliners on either side of the one I said I was sitting in.

I rolled my eyes at them as they flopped down and smiled as wide as they could. I walked over to the DVD player and inserted my favorite movie A Walk to Rmemeber and pressed play. I walked to the popcorn machine and got myself a bag then plopped down into my own recliner as the first scene played across the screen. Within two minutes I was wearing a smirk as I ate my popcorn and I was also receiving death glares from each direction.

"You didn't say we would be watching a chick flick" Gage accuses.

"I believe that wasn't part of the deal"

"If we watch this, do we get to chose the next movie" Kade asks.

"Ummmmm, if you can watch the movie without complaining then yes." I answer while shaking my head. There was no way they were going to make it through without a complaint. My ex boyfriend couldn't even get through the first hour without begging to change the movie.

As the end credits roll and I wipe the tears from my eyes one last time I realize that the twins had made it through the movie without even speaking.

"Now we get to choose a movie" they boast as the walk towards the shelves. When they reached them Kade pulled one shelf out and revealed a hidden shelf. Gage reached in a grabbed a movie without even looking at the shelf. I should have known that I was in trouble then.