"Yeah, I got it with Angel. Lot of shit went down yesterday. Some of it good for Angel, the club."

"For you?"

"Potter, the US Attorney, told us the favor he needs. He wants us to kill KJ."

"What?"

"Didn't say why. Just needs someone on the outside to do it."

"Your cousin said something, did something. Got them scared. The last thing they need is a whistleblower."

"Whatever the reason, they want it done by the end of the day. If we don't then- I'm back inside. My deal gets exposed, and Angel and I, we're fucking done."

"You can't do it, Ezekiel. I can't put it on Angel. He's in this because of me. I already fucked him up enough."

"Look at me

"Look at me. Son, EZ, you can't let Potter turn you into a monster. It's not who you are."

"What am I supposed to do, Pop? Huh? What am I supposed to do?"

"We'll figure it out, son. We'll figure it out. Promise me one thing. You won't do anything not till you hear from me. Yeah."

"Okay, Pop. "

"Promise me."

"Okay."

~ MAYANS ~ ~ MAYANS ~

Izzy's lunch break rolled around quickly and she was suprised to find EZ, sitting on his bike, in the parking lot. She couldn't hide the smile on her face as she walked over, "So, what? You're like, stalking me now?"

"I'm just here to bother you." EZ smirked.

"Ahh," Izzy laughed, "Of course."

"Is this weird? I hope, it's not weird. Letty told me where you worked." EZ smiled, "I thought we could grab some lunch?"

"It's a little weird," Izzy joked, "How long were you waiting out here?"

"Just a few minutes."

"Hmm," She pretend to think, before nodding, "Okay."

"Okay." EZ held out an extra helmet for her.

~ MAYANS ~ ~ MAYANS ~

They ended up getting food before EZ took them to a park. They sat down at one of the picnic tables underneath the balcony. Izzy smiled at EZ who's mood seemed to completely change. Something seemed to be bothering him.

"I'm a really good listener." Izzy offered, drinking from her water bottle.

EZ was looking down, it was quiet for a moment, before he looked up at her, "Has Kevin been around?"

"No. Not since the last time I saw him."

"Good."

Izzy sat in a comfortable silence while EZ was thinking. She watched strangers, cars drive by, and kids who walked passed the park.

"I was in prison." EZ started to share. Izzy stayed quiet and let him speak, "Did 8 years. I killed a cop. It was the night my mom was murdered. I found her in the shop. I grabbed my gun and I just- I fucking ran."

He started to tear up, "I've fucked up big time. My pops was there for me... more than he was for my brother. I fucked up so bad. I was only 18. When I got out, I told myself I wouldn't fuck up that bad ever again. But, I have. And I will. I feel like I keep letting everyone down. Like, no matter what I do... it's not good enough. I don't know... maybe I'm not meant to be better. Maybe it's just supposed to be this way."

Izzy reached across the table and grabbed his hand, rubbing her thumb over his knuckles, "That was 8 years ago, right? Things have changed since then. You have changed since then."

"No." EZ shook his head, "You don't know me. I'm still that guy."

"Things happen, in the heat of the moment. Just by looking at your face, I can tell you would've never done that if you had the chance to go back. That right there? That tells me you're not the guy- that guy you have created in your head."

"Jackson Teller was a good man," Izzy opened up to him, "He was. He was a great father to his kids... a great Uncle. A son who would do anything for his mother. He thought, he was a monster... just like you. He thought, his wife deserved better. Tara stayed by his side. Raised two kids with him. He fucked up too, at times, he was a questionable husband. Tara stayed until she couldn't anymore. They were gonna get a divorce and Jax loved her so much.. he was gonna let her go. All he wanted was for her to be a good mother, raise their kids. He was gonna throw everything away, including his club, and spend the rest of his life in prison. Tara and him had a plan until Jax's own mother murdered Tara. His mom lied, tried to cover it up, but eventually the truth came out. Jax got dark. He killed a lot of people trying to find his wife's murderer. The person who took a mother away from her children. He didn't want to believe his mother could do that to him, to her grandkids. He killed his mom. And then he killed himself. He thought, he was that guy. And, towards the end, he was. I know what that guy is like... and EZ, you're not that kind of guy. Trust me."

EZ held her hand between his own and sucked back his tears. He bit his lip, staring down at their hands, "You truly think that?"

"I do." Izzy nodded, "Truth is, I've known more than one person like that."

After catching a glimpse of the time on her phone, Izzy and EZ's conversation came to a halt. They threw their garbage away and got back on his bike. EZ drove her to the doctor's office and she got off of his bike and handed him the extra helmet.

"Thanks for lunch."

"Thank you, Izzy." EZ had a genuine smile on his face.

"You're welcome." She leaned down and wrapped her arms around him. EZ closed his eyes and held her.

"Maybe I could bother you more often?" He joked, chuckling as she walked away.

"You'll be okay, EZ." Izzy waved one last time and then headed back to work.

EZ started his bike and left the parking lot. He still had a lot of weight on his shoulders, but seeing her eased a little of his burden.