eighty six : "a gift."

"Bear will definitely be upset once he wakes up and realizes we're not there anymore." Serena says. "Well, that's Liam's problem now." She shook her head while letting out chuckles, the two of them were in the car, on their way back home.

"Do you think your parents will like me?" With no hesitation, Serena nodded. "They will, I'm sure. You're amazing." Harry beams up upon hearing those words, he really wants to make a good impression on Serena's parents, and as friendly and chatty as he is usually, it's gonna be different when they meet her family.

Harry's hands were on the wheel, Serena decided to click on the buttons of the radio to make it a bit more lively inside the car. The sound of the familiar four chords playing made the pair grin, especially Harry, who suddenly remembered the days they still wore the overly cheesy boy-next-door looks as they took on the world by storm.

As soon as the first verse hit, Harry was singing along with Serena. It was definitely a feel-good song that could make anyone dance in their seats, but they'd rather just sing, they can't afford to be in a car accident.

"Did you guys know that this was the song that would catapult you to the public eye?" She asks, Harry chuckles at her sudden question. "You sound like an interviewer right now..." he continues. "But to answer your question, we thought it was a great song, honestly. It was fun, especially at the age we were at back then, it was the type of music we wanted to perform. We knew it was bound to get attention here and there, we were all amazed by how that song became a hit." Serena just stared fondly at him while he spoke.

He looked so genuinely happy with those times, he was such a sight to look at. Serena was glad that Harry has what he has now, he truly deserves it.

"I have something to give you, by the way." Harry says while stifling his laughter after What Makes You Beautiful stopped playing, it made Serena scrunch her brows in anticipation. "You gave me a necklace on my birthday, right?" Serena nods and laughs softly, she remembers sending it to Gemma, who happily devised a small plan to give Harry the necklace sneakily.

He continues. "Well, I have one for you too." He didn't remove his eyes from the road, he just skillfully grabbed a box from his pocket and handed it to her, throwing a kind smile on her way. Serena opens the box and stared in awe. It was a beautiful pearl necklace, it looked so beautiful and elegant, she almost instantly started tearing up.

"Harry... thank you." She mutters out, eyes slightly wet and a wide smile on her lips. "You're welcome, love. Don't wear it yet though, I want to be the one to put it on you." He had a pout on his lips that made Serena chuckle.

She closes the box and held it tightly on her lap. "Why a pearl necklace though?" He hums, feeling the car drift to the side and Serena sees they were nearing their destination. "White pearls signify beauty, innocence and purity; reminded me so much of you." A wide, teasing grin was on his lips and it made her cover her face with her hands, she felt like her cheeks were heating up.

They saw the lights on the porch of Harry's house that they left open as the male carefully parked his car on the side. The engine's booms suddenly went to a halt, they both grabbed their things and stepped out of the vehicle.

Serena was about to enter when her hand was suddenly grabbed by Harry, making her body crash against his chest. He stared at her with a loving smile which she returned as well, she then wraps her arms around her while Harry had his around her waist.

She hands him the box, he nods and took it from her hands. He had the beautiful piece of jewelry on his hands as he places the empty box back in his pocket. Serena took it as a cue to turn around, with her back facing Harry. She brushes her hair past on one side to make it easier for Harry.

The coldness of the pearls collided with her exposed neck and soon enough, it dangled perfectly against her chest. Harry smiles proudly and plants a kiss on the side of her neck. She turns back to Harry with a grin.

"I love you." He mutters out and kisses her lips softly. "I love you too." They share a kiss once again.