seventy six : "birthday parties."

Surprisingly, Cole was handling the breakup better than they expected, but that was with Serena and Harry helping him out. When they realized they had to leave Cole in America since they're going back to London for Harry's niece's birthday, Serena made some calls to Leah who was clearly against the idea of having to skip work but accepted it nonetheless. It was her friend, after all. She would put Cole over anything else.

The two of them brought more things than usual, partly because they brought Serena's full costume when she played Evie, which included some heavy leather jackets and high-heeled boots. Their way to the airport was not without paparazzis who were quick to swarm them as their ears were bombarded with questions. Luckily, the guards were quick to escort them to a different entrance that they could use to get inside.

It was pretty quiet after that, they made their way to the plane and just slept. No one really bothered them, and there were no photographers around which was good.

The moment they landed in London, they walked outside to see Gemma, now with brown hair, waving at them excitedly. She ran to them in full speed and hugged them both tightly. "Oh my goodness, I missed you two so much." Serena smiles widely. "We missed you too."

They rode on the backseat together, the ride on the way home was fun. Gemma had some stories to tell, like how Pearl was constantly asking her if Harry and Serena were coming, or if Evie was arriving. It made the two of them smile in anticipation as they neared the Styles residence.

Harry and Serena had to sneak from the backdoor so that they won't get caught, Gemma speeded inside to signal the others that they were getting inside, so they all worked their very best to make sure the kids were distracted.

They headed towards Harry's room and got into their costumes, Harry wore the suit that Prince Ben wore while Serena wore her Evie costume.

It was not easy getting the clothes in, both of them were frantic as they tried to dress up as fast as they can. The room was a mess, their bags were thrown to the floor and their clothes were scattered around.

But they didn't really care, as soon as they finished, they held hands and slowly walked down the stairs. The eyes of the kids immediately lit up as they all shouted in glee. Pearl was grinning so brightly, her dimples were showing and it reminded Serena of Harry. She smiles back at the birthday celebrant and opened her arms as if to encourage her to give her a hug.

And so she did, when Pearl hugged her, the other kids followed suit as they all happily tackled Serena to the ground, making the adults watching laugh amusingly. Harry chuckles to himself before carrying the other kids who were on top of Serena in his hands.

"Let's not hurt the pretty lady, alright?" He says in his best attempt at the American accent, he kind of butchered it though, but the kids didn't really seem to mind. He had two kids in his arms while Serena had Pearl in hers, Harry thought they looked like a happy family, honestly.

Anne, of course, was absolutely melting at the picture perfect image of the two of them with the children.

"I can't believe you're really here, Evie!" Pearl perks up and kisses her cheek, Serena giggles and embraced her tighter before looking at Harry's eyes. They stared at each other's orbs like they were seeing the entire galaxy in them. "I can't believe I'm here too." She trails off, smiling at Harry who looked just as smitten as she does.

———

Liked by annetwist, niallhoran and 3,560,940 more.

serenadacarett_ one of the better days in life, love you @harrystyles

harrystyles love you more. 💚

theleahwoods WTF THIS IS TOO CUTE, YOU DRESSED UP AS EVIE AGAIN!!!

niallhoran so sweet!! hbd to pearl, mate! @harrystyles

louist91 EVIEEEE! 💙 i should bring freddie sometimes

harrystyles you most definitely should @louist91 serena would love that kid.

gemmastyles YOU MADE PEARL'S DAY, YOU TWO. THANK YOU.

annetwist love you, beautiful. come back soon!

serenadacarett_ love you too, anne! @annetwist

———

Liked by niallhoran, gemmastyles and 7,900,110 more

harrystyles my queen. loving this picture of you, i still love you more though.

colesprouse your caption... is too cringey, but since i'm a good friend, i'll support you.

harrystyles good, you should. i treated you to kfc @colesprouse

colesprouse you originally bought that for serena but ok @harrystyles

harrystyles @colesprouse 😂😂😂

gemmastyles AWW LOOK AT HER ❤️❤️❤️

annetwist such a cute picture!

niallhoran can evie come to my bday party too..

serenadacarett_ you're too precious, i love you.

harrystyles i love you too @serenadacarett