Chapter 99

Later that day Rami texted Brian to ask whether Brian has time for a quick call. Sure enough, his phone rings not even five minutes later. He calls for everyone before picking up the phone.
"Hey, Brian," He says while Gwil, Ben and Joe take place on the couch next to him.
"Good afternoon, boys." Brian smiles at them. 
"We just read the letters from Roger and John. Thanks for arranging that Brian. It felt really special," Joe says. There immediately forms a smile on Brian's lips.
"No problem. Anything for you four," Brian says. 

It stays silent for a few seconds before Ben starts talking: "We also have some new to reveal to you." Brian raises an eyebrow while his eyes focus on Ben.
"Within six months, Joe and I are going to be parents," Ben says. He grabs Joe's hand in his own before squeezing it gently. Brian seems struck by surprise while he looks at them.
"That is amazing! Congratulations. Surrogacy I reckon?" He asks after recovering himself.
"Yeah, my sister, Mary, is the surrogacy mother," Joe explains. 
"That is amazing! I'm so happy for you two. Oh, hi Adam." Brian says. He looks over his phone to meet Adam's eyes.

"Good afternoon Adam!" Rami yells. Adam chuckles while he sits down next to Brian.
"How is your honeymoon, darlings?" Adam asks. 
"It's amazing! Especially the first two weeks with Ben." Joe says before letting his head rest on Ben's shoulder. Ben instinctively wraps his arm around Joe's waist.
"Hey! We are fun too," Gwil immediately says, trying to sound offended.
"Yes, you are. It's different though," Ben says. He places a small kiss on Joe's cheek before returning his attention back to the phone.

"Wait, I think Rog is walking in too. Oh, yeah, there he is!" Brian says. 
"Talking about me?" Roger's voice comes through the speaker.
"Just telling the boys you are walking in." Brian nods towards the phone in his hand. Sure enough, seconds later they see Roger moving in the shot.
"Hey, Roger. I just read your letter. Thank you so much. It really means a lot to me. You would never even know," Ben says. Suddenly the grumpy expression on Roger's face changes into a much softer one. A playful smile forms on his lips.
"I'm glad that you are happy with it. I meant every word I wrote there. Just so you know," Roger says. 

"Ben, don't you have to tell your dad something?" Gwil says before nodding towards the phone in Rami's hand. Ben grins before turning his head to meet Joe's eyes. Joe gives him a reassuring smile.
"Joe and I are going to be parents in six months," Ben says. He watches both Roger's and Adam's eyes widen. It takes Roger and Adam a little longer to recover from the surprise. Roger slowly turns himself to Brian.
"Did you hear that? I'm getting a grandchild in six months," He says. Brian bursts out in laughter, quickly followed by the rest.
"Congrats, Rog," Brian says. Roger smiles so happily that Ben can't help but look at Joe with a huge smile on his lips. They talk a little longer before saying goodbye. 

"So, how are you guys going to deal with the media? Right now you are succeeding to be not spotted as a couple by the media. That will be a lot harder when you two are walking around with a child," Rami says. Ben nods slowly.
"We are going to try and keep it away from the media as long as possible. We know that eventually, we have to make our relationship public but for now we just love the quietness around it," Ben says. Joe nods to agree with his words.
"Yeah, I get exactly what you mean. When Eve and I were still together it was so nice that we could walk around without a problem. Sometimes I just wished that I could have taken her to events and such. Standing next to her on the red carpet. Showing everyone that we were together. It's kind of double," Gwil says. He sighs loudly before rubbing his hand over his eyes. The phase of being completely heartbroken was over but it still hurt. The first night he stayed here in Italy he cried himself to sleep. He was more than happy that Ben and Joe got together but he couldn't help but think that it should have been Eve and himself that was going to be married.
"I like taking Lucy to events but all the paparazzi drive us crazy. Fans recognizing us on the street is okay. If we are able to we usually stop to talk for a few minutes, taking pictures and such. We don't really mind but the paparazzi and photographers are so annoying," Rami says. He rolls his eyes when he is talking about the paparazzi.
"Yeah, understandable. I barely have to deal with paparazzi. Sometimes at airports when they are waiting for someone else. Other than that I am fine," Ben says. Joe and Gwil both hum in agreement.
"Lucky," Rami mumbles under his breath.

"I do love it when fans recognize me though. Most of them are so sweet. I had a girl crying because she met me the other day." Joe says.
"Yeah, I would cry too if I'd see you for the first time. Your face is not something you suddenly want to see." Rami says. Ben hits his arm playfully.
"Hey, I wasn't talking about you. You have like the face of a god. Don't worry." Rami says. He puts his hands up in surrender.
"I know you weren't talking about me. You were talking about my husband. Which is maybe even worse." Ben says. He buries his face into Joe's hair.
"You're beautiful," Ben mutters into Joe's ear. Joe lets out a loud giggle.
"Thanks, love," Joe says.
"I'm going to grab a sweater really quick. I'm cold." Joe says before getting up from the couch.

After a minute, he calls out Ben's name. Ben immediately gets up and hurries towards their bedroom. Joe is standing in the middle of the room with a package in his hand. It is the package Ben hid between Joe's clothes the day before the wedding. He expected that Joe would find it sooner but he didn't.
"Do you know what this is?" Joe asks. Ben nods slowly.
"I do. You will too if you open it," Ben says. He sits down on the bed. Joe frowns before slowly unwrapping the package. He finds another box inside. After opening it he carefully gets out two necklaces. Both of them are heart shaped. The silver reflects in the light that is shining from their window.
"What is this Ben?" Joe asks. He takes a closer look at the necklaces, turning them around in his fingers. Ben carefully takes over one of the necklaces. He shows Joe a little opening mechanism. The heart opens and it reveals a picture inside. Joe has never seen the picture and grabs the necklace so he can get a better look. It's a picture made right after the proposal. Ben has Joe's face cupped with both of his hands and is kissing him softly.
"I didn't know someone was taking pictures," Joe says. He stares at the picture and suddenly feels completely overwhelmed. A small tear glides down his cheek.
"The chef did. Look, this necklace is yours. It says 'angel' on this side. I know that's your favourite nickname." Ben points at the other side of the necklace. Joe immediately opens the lock of the necklace and puts it around his neck, turning around so Ben can close the lock. 

Joe carefully opens the other necklace. It's a different picture.  Ben still has his hands on Joe's face but their lips aren't locked. Ben and Joe are staring in each other's eyes quite lovingly. Next to that is the word 'love' engraved. 
"I love it when you call me 'love'." Ben whispers while Joe lets his finger glide over the engraving. Joe smiles before slowly opening the lock of the necklace.
"May I?" He asks. Ben nods. He turns around so Joe can fasten the necklace around his neck. After that, Joe slowly closes the heart. He brings it up to his lip before placing a small kiss onto it. Ben smiles before grabbing Joe's necklace and doing the same.
"Now you can always carry something of me around. Even if we are away filming," Ben says. Joe smiles. 
"Thank you. This is beautiful. You're beautiful. I love you, my love." Joe says. He places his hand on the side of Ben's face before slowly bringing their lips together.

***********
Hey guys,

I can't believe that it's almost over guys. This is crazy. Follow my Instagram (Itsametaphorjoe) to follow the countdown to the last chapter. I'll upload a countdown clock on my stories in a few minutes. 

I'll see you next chapter guys. *Sniffles softly*

Take good care of yourself and others! Stay safe!

Goodbye,

Xx Itsametaphorjoe