Chapter 27

Before Brian even gets the chance to think about what to tell the two actors, the nurses are already rushing into the room.
"What is wrong?" The nurse that runs into the room first asks. Brian places a hand on the back of the nurse before guiding her away from the bed. He leans down to talk to her with their backs turned towards the boys. The nurse waves over the other nurse who is standing in the middle of the room. Ben keeps holding Joe's hand while they keep their eyes fixated on the nurses and Brian that are discussing some things. The nurses turn around simultaneously before walking over to the beds.
"Can you please tell us what is wrong?" Joe asks.
"There is no need to worry. Mr. May noticed something that we would like to check out. Would you mind laying down in your own bed?" The nurse has walked over to Ben's bed. She is already unlocking the wheels. Ben gets out of bed immediately. Before laying down in his own bed he leans in to give Joe a very short but passionate kiss. It takes Joe a second to kiss back as he is taken by surprise.  
"I love you." Ben whispers in his ear before pulling away and laying down on his own bed. Which immediately gets pushed out of the room. Which only leaves Brian and Joe together. 

"Brian, please tell me what is wrong." Joe asks while looking up at Brian. The latters sighs before rubbing the back of his head.
"It looks like the little wound near his eye is infected. Because it is so close to the eye it can be quite dangerous." Joe nods. He still doesn't know how dangerous it can be or what will happen but he doesn't want to ask more questions.
"How are you doing?" Brian asks while he pulls the seat Gwil sat on preciously to the side of the bed.
"I'm fine." Joe mumbles.
"And now tell me how you really are." Brian has tilted his head slightly while looking at Joe. 
"Well, under circumstances I'm doing alright. I'm just scared of what is going to happen after all of this. We don't know if Ben's dad is going to be in jail or not. Which makes me worried." Joe admits.  
"Did they take pictures of you? The police I mean." Brian asks.
"Yeah, they did." Joe squints his eyes while looking at Brian. He doesn't know where Brian is going with his question. 
"That's what they did back in the days. And that worked out good for us." As soon as the words left Brians mouth he holds his hand in front of his mouth.
"What do you mean with that Brian?" Joe asks. Brian sighs. He knows there is no way of going back.

"There was this one time where John wasn't feeling that well. So I advised him to get some fresh air. Roger decided he could use some as well and they went for a quick walk close to the concert hall. Deaky slipped into an anxiety attack. And the best way for him to cope with that is holding him close and just talking to him in a calm voice, you know? So that is exactly what Roger did. He leads him to a bench nearby and sat with him. And there was this one man that walked by and started calling them fags. Which Rog couldn't take. He ignored it at first but the men came up to them and I think Roger punched him. Although he denies that. But it ended up with a fight. Deaky got left out mostly. But Roger got some pretty big bruises and a bloody nose. Freddie saw it happen when he looked out of the window. So Fred, Jim, Dave and I ran over to stop the fight. The police were already called by this sweet elderly lady. Who also told the police that is was that other man's fault. So he ended up with a rather huge fine."

"What an idiot. They should have locked him up." Joe says at the end of Brian's story. It is still very weird for him to hear this many inside stories to the band he adored for years. 
"Yeah, they should have. But please don't tell Rog that I told you this story. He wouldn't have wanted me to." Brian smiles down at Joe. He knows Joe will never tell anyone the story. He isn't even worried about it. 
"No problem." Joe says before letting out a loud sigh. Brian raises his eyebrow while he looks at him with expectation.
"I totally forgot that we have to stop filming for a few days because this has happened." Joe rubs the back of head before letting it rest against his pillow again.
"Don't worry. We already decided on a three week break when Gwilym called us. I promised to let Mitch know how the two of you were doing. He will pay a visit somewhere this week. Scott is probably coming along because he was really worried."
"Scott is amazing." Joe just smiled. He always gets a bit uncomfortable when he is alone around Brian. He still can't believe that he has the honour the work which such a big legend. He doesn't want to say anything wrong. Every time he sees Brian it feels like he needs to make a good impression.

"Are Gwil and Rami still here?" Joe finally asks. He hopes if they join that it is easier to hold up a conversation.
"Rami is back to set. They needed to record some scenes between him and Lucy and Allen anyways. So that is the easiest to do now. I think Gwil is still in the waiting room. Do you want me to get him?" Brian asks.
"I think I will try and walk myself. I don't want my legs to get useless." Joe skips over to the edge of the bed. As soon as he sits up he takes a moment because he gets a little light headed. After a few seconds, he feels alright again. He carefully places his feet on the ground. When he tries to get up and walk he nearly falls over as he isn't used to walking. Brian immediately jumps up from his chair to help him. He holds out his arm for Joe to take.
"Let's walk together." Brian offers He makes sure not to walk to fast as Joe carefully walks. After a few steps, Brian knows the younger man should be fine but he still holds his arm just in case. As soon as they arrive in the waiting room Gwil chuckles at the side.
"You would have expected this the other way around, wouldn't you?" Brian says. 
"Don't say that Brian. That time is still far away." Joe says while turning his head towards Brian.
"Well, it's uplifting that you think of me in that way." Brian smiles at Joe before looking at Gwil.
"Well, Gwilym. Joe wanted to ask if you would like to come and sit with us?" Instead of answering Brian, Gwil moves his gaze towards Joe.
"Of course I would. Should I take your other arm? Or would I make your boyfriend jealous." Joe laughs before talking: "He'd probably kill you. But you can always try." Gwil walks over to Joe to hold his free arm.
"Wow, I never expected to walk in between two clones." Joe's comment makes Gwil and Brian burst out in laughter.
"I do miss my wig at the moment. We should go for a walk outside like that Brian. See what people think." Gwil bends forward so he can look at Brian.
"They will probably run away as they are scared. One version of me is more than enough." Brian says quietly.
"Don't say that Bri. You're amazing." Joe says.
"Did you just call me Bri?" Brian's lips slowly push into a smile
"Yeah, I did. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to be disrespectful." Joe bows his head in shame.
"I was waiting for you to call me that. Don't worry. I like my nickname." Brian says happily. They already arrived at Joe's room. Gwil let go of Joe's arm so he could open the door for them. 

As soon as Joe walks through the door he sees a crying Ben in bed. Joe yanks his arm away from Brian and runs towards the bed. He needs to hold the edge as soon as he gets there. Ben looks up at Joe with tears in his eyes. The latter crawls into the bed and wraps his arms around the younger boy.
"Are you alright?" He asks. As careful as he can he wipes the tears from Ben's face. He is so caught up by the situation that he doesn't even notice the presence from Gwil and Brian. Who both are standing awkwardly in the door opening. They are unsure if they should leave the boys together or not. 

*************************

Hi lovies,

Yes, a cliffhanger again. I'm sorry. (Just kidding, I love writing cliffhangers)

Anyways, has anyone got any tips to improve this book? They are always welcome!

Have a nice day/ good night rest!

Goodbye,

Xx Itsametaphorjoe