Chapter 53

This day in the fandom is so split between being happy and being extremely sad.
Happy birthday, Gwilym!
We love you, Freddie!
If you want to see my messages to them take a look at my Instagram (itsametaphorjoe).

Have fun reading!

****************************

The week that Ben is gone is almost over. Joe has kept himself busy with working on a script for his second movie. It wasn't on the planning, but he needed something to distract him. Ben didn't have much time to call because his schedule was very full. He often needed to shoot until late in the evening. Most of the times Joe was already in his bed when Ben stopped working. Which made it very hard to even find time to text each other. Every day Ben sent a screenshot of his calorie intake towards Joe. Most of the days he ate slightly more than he even needed. Which made Joe happy. It meant that Ben did really care about Joe's thoughts and feelings.

This time Joe couldn't pick up Ben from the airport because he had a screening for an upcoming project. When he came home he knew his parents already dropped Ben off at their house. They refused to let Ben take a cap so they decided to pick him up themselves. As soon as Joe enters his apartment he almost wants to yell Ben's name to tell him that he is home. He stops as soon as he sees his boyfriend on the couch with closed eyes. His chest falls up and down at a steady pace which tells Joe that Ben had fallen asleep waiting for him. Joe tiptoes to their bedroom to get changed before he lays down next to Ben. As soon as he places his head on Ben's shoulder the latter instinctively wraps his arm around the ginger to pull him close.

**************

Ben lets out a loud groan when he wakes up. His workweek had been so intense. He got way less sleep than he is used to. Without opening his eyes he feels something shifting under his arm. He opens his eyes wide enough to see that Joe is curled up against him. Ben's heart jumps in his chest as soon as he sees the peaceful look on the face of the older boy. As careful as he can he lifts Joe off of the couch to carry him to their bedroom. At the moment Joe touches the mattress he opens his eyes. With his hazel eyes, he looks straight in Ben's eyes.
"I'm sorry honey. I didn't mean to wake you. You can go back to sleep, love." Joe nods.
"Will you cuddle with me? Please?" Ben can't help but notice how cute sleepy Joe is.
"Anything for your princess. I will put on some sweats and I will lay with you." Ben turns around to get rid of his normal clothes. From the drawer opposite his bed, he gets out a pair of sweatpants before he lays down next to Joe. The latter immediately scoots over to lay half on top of Ben, who wraps both arms around Joe tightly to hold him close.

If Ben got to choose he would have never let go of Joe. It feels safe to hold the other boy in his arms. When they are laying like this there is nothing for Ben to worry about. His world is complete when he feels the weight of the love of his life pressed against him. He bends down to kiss Joe's forehead.
"Sleep well, honey." He says before closing his eyes. Unlike Joe, it takes for him a little longer to fall asleep. He can't help but think about how happy he is to have Joe in his life. There is still not a single vein in his body that fully believes that he is allowed to hold him like this. He can't understand that a perfect guy like Joe would choose him to date. From their very first date, he decided to never take a moment with Joe for granted because he knows he is one of the luckiest men in the world. He uses his right hand to rub softly up and down Joe's spine. He knows that Joe likes that a lot and although he is fast asleep Ben can't help but please the older boy. After a while, he ends up falling asleep too with his arms tightly wrapped around Joe so the fellow actor has no chances of escaping.

************
Ben is awoken by someone playing with his hair.
"Morning Joe." Ben groans without opening his eyes. Joe giggles while he continues playing with Ben's hair.
"It's 8 in the evening, Ben." Ben lets out a questioned noise before opening his eyes.
"Best sight to wake up to." He teases as soon as he sees Joe's face inches away from his. Seconds after that he locks their lips together.
"I've waited a week to do that." Ben says as soon as they pull away.
"And I waited all week to do this." Joe lets his hands roam over Ben's chest before chasing his hands with little kisses.
"How can a single man so handsome?" Joe mutters mostly to himself, but he knows that Ben has heard him. After a minute Ben grabs Joe by his shoulders to pull him up so he can kiss the older man. Their lips lock briefly before Joe runs his tongue over Ben's bottom lip to deepen the kiss. Joe still let his hands roam over Ben's chest. He would never get used to the heavenly feeling of Ben's skin gliding underneath his hands while they are making out.

****************
The single week with Ben home was over what felt like a few hours. They would mostly just cuddle and talk during their time together. Rami and Gwil came over one of the days to hang-out. They were planning on going on a mini holiday together in a few months. Their first small argument started with picking the destination. Gwil and Rami wanted to see cultural things while Joe and Ben wanted to go to the beach. Joe carefully suggested Italy. He still has family living in various places in Italy. They all love company so Joe is sure that they wouldn't mind inviting the four over for dinner somewhere during their stay. It would be a great moment to introduce Ben too. He rarely sees his family in Italy because it is just not easy to fly over from America to Italy. Most flights need to make an extra stop somewhere else in Europe. He hates waiting on airports all by himself. The last time he went to Italy he took his brother with him. They dragged their Italian cousin along on their trip. Not all of their relatives are very good at English so they used her as a translator. It was heavenly to taste all the good original Italian food again and he can't wait to taste it again. Gwil was the first to kind of agree with the idea to go to Italy. Next was Ben but everyone knows that Ben would agree with everything suggested by Joe. Only if it meant that he would see Joe happy. Rami kind of hesitated about the idea of bothering Joe's relatives. After Joe convinced him that they would stay in their own little apartment and they would just eat some dinner there Rami finally agreed. Joe knows that it takes months before they can finally go but he can't help but get excited about the idea.

******************

Hi lovies,

That is my chapter for today! I hope y'all liked it. 

Have a good day/night!

Goodbye,

Xx Itsametaphorjoe