Chapter 51

"No means to be creepy, but I tracked everything that you ate yesterday. You ate 1200 calories less than you should with the amount that you train. I have made a plan that I want to try with you, alright?" Ben just nods. He doesn't know what to say. Every fibre in him wants to refuse the offer but deep down inside he knows that if there is one person he should accept the help from it is Joe.
"You're going back to your old train schedule. Three times a week not more than 1.5 hours at a time. Then we are going to add 100 calories on your food schedule every day. Until you are at a healthy amount again. Starting today." Joe explains. Ben swallows hard.
"Joe, no. I need to sport more than that." Ben desperately looks up at Joe.
"No, you don't. I called the director from X-men to ask how much he would advise for you to sport in a week. He said not more than four hours a week. I already gave you half an hour more. And I'm not changing it." Joe says. He can see the panic in Bens eyes, but he decides to ignore it. Which is hard because all he wants is to see Ben happy. 
"Do you want to help me making dinner?" Joe asks before standing up from the couch. Ben sighs loudly before he gets up to walk over to the kitchen. During cooking, they barely say anything to each other. Both of them are caught up in their own thoughts.

Once they are at the kitchen table Joe grabs a scale and places Ben's plate on top of it. He measures exactly how much Ben needs to eat. He does the exact same with his own plate so Ben doesn't feel left out.
"This is all you have to eat today." He says when he finally places the plate in front of Ben. Joe tries to distract Ben from thinking about the food by talking about everything and nothing.
"Joe, I can't." Ben says after awhile. His eyes are fixated on the plate in front of him.
"You have to, honey." Joe says. Ben tries to eat one more bite before nearly gagging.
"I can't. It's too much. I really tried." Ben moves the food around with his fork.

"Okay, then I'll stop eating too." Joe places his cutlery on his plate and moves his plate away from him.
"No, Joe. You have to eat." Ben looks up at Joe with pleading eyes. 
"So, do you." Joe immediately fires back. He leans on both arms on the table. There is no way that he is going to tell Ben that he already ate a big lunch that day. He knew this was coming so he prepared himself.
"If I eat, will you too?" Ben desperately looks at Joe. Who simply nods and grabs his plate again. After every bite Ben takes Joe takes one. Ben watches Joe closely to make sure that Joe does take his bite too. In the end, both of their plates are completely empty. With every bite Ben took Joe could see the struggle he had. So, when they are finished Joe stands up from his chair immediately. He wraps his arms around Ben as soon as he is close enough.
"I'm so proud of you baby. So proud." Joe kisses Ben's forehead before pulling away. Joe grabs Ben's wrist and leads him to the bedroom. Carefully he pushes on Ben's chest so he sits on the bed. Joe sits down next to him. He grabs both of Ben's hand.
"I know the upcoming weeks are going to be hard, but we will get through this together. You, however, really need to trust me on this, alright? I don't want you to lose your role in X-men for this. That would be so much work for nothing." Ben nods. His eyes start to water up again.

"You are beautiful Ben. Inside and outside. Let's start with your inside because you are the sweetest person that I've ever come across. With all you have been through it isn't easy to keep your life on track the way you do, but you somehow manage to be the most loyal, kind and sweet man I know. I can tell you the first time I saw you my jaw dropped. You hadn't even said anything to me yet and I felt my heart beating faster in my chest. You're so incredibly hot. The way your hair falls naturally on your head. That beautiful smile of yours. God, I miss that smile. Do you remember what you were wearing that day at the restaurant?" Joe says. Ben shakes his head. He tries his best to keep in his tears.

"Well, I do. You wore this incredibly tight shirt. That black shirt. You could see the outline of each muscle through your shirt. Man, you are so beautiful. I have never thought that I would admit this, but when we are laying in bed and I have my head on your chest you sometimes flex your muscles to grab something. That turns me on so bad. Remember what Gwil and Rami told you how much I was checking you out when you were trying on that shirtless costume? There was no way I couldn't stare at you. Everything about you is perfect. Inside and out. And there is no reason for you to think otherwise. I would never leave you. Especially not for something like your looks. The people on social media are just jealous. You work hard for your looks and they are just too lazy to do that. Just like me. It's not bad to watch your food intake or sport a little more as long as you keep eating and sporting a healthy amount. And for you right now it is not healthy. So, as soon as we are at a healthy rate again we are going to keep it there. Again, I think you are the most handsome person I have seen. I'm not saying that because I want you to feel better. I actually think that. Do you believe that?" Joe has grabbed both of Ben's hands again holding them into his own. Ben has looked Joe in the eye during the whole story. Near the end, a single tear rolled down his cheek.
"Do you believe me?" Joe repeats when Ben doesn't answer his question.
"I do." Ben mumbles. Joe's lips curl into a smile. He uses his finger to wipe away the tear on Ben's cheek.
"I love you." Joe says before locking their lips together into a meaningful kiss.

******************
Hi lovies,

I have a quick question for y'all. I seemed to have lost quite a lot of readers during the last 10 chapters. I can't quite put my finger on the reason. Is there anyone who has got a clue? 

I hope with all of my heart y'all still love this story?

Follow my Instagram (itsametaphorjoe) because I'm going to do a cover reveal for my new book within the next month.

Anyways, have a nice day/night. 

I love y'all!

Goodbye,

Xx Itsametaphorjoe