Chapter 44

As soon as Joe arrives at the hotel he sends Ben a text to tell him that they landed safely. He rubs his eyes before looking at the time. It is only six in the afternoon. They have dinner in the hotel planned at 8 o'clock. In that way, they don't have to spend a lot of time figuring out where to eat. Joe jumps as soon as his phone starts ringing. The loud tunes fill his ears. His eyes immediately move to the screen of his phone.

Ben <3

Joe feels a rush of excitement ripping through him as soon as he sees the name appear on his phone screen. He picks up without hesitation. Due to the tight film schedule Ben has, they didn't have time to call since Ben's departure.
"Isn't it like super late for you?" Joe asks as soon as soon as Ben's face appears on the screen. The latter is laying in bed with a tight-fitting white shirt. His hair is slightly messy from laying in bed that evening.
"Yeah, it is like two in the morning. I stayed up so I could talk to you." Ben has moved one of his arms to lay his head on. Joe can't help but stare at the muscular arms.
"That is so sweet. You didn't have to do that." He says after he catches himself. Ben looks oblivious to the starring.
"And miss the opportunity to talk to the most amazing man in the world? Not a chance." Joe can see the smirk forming on Ben's face. The latter is positive that it will drive Joe crazy if he keeps up his attitude.
"Oh stop it you moron." Joe rolls his eyes, but can't help it to let his lips curl into a smile.
"But you do love this moron." Ben raises his eyebrows while looking at Joe.
"Yes, I do." Joe blows a kiss through the screen. Ben does the same. They stare into each other's eyes for a while before Joe clears his throat.
"You should go to bed baby."
"Yeah, I should." Ben rubs his eyes with his hand while he looks away from his phone for a few seconds.
"I'll send you pictures tomorrow, alright?" Joe says while he looks at his watch to see the time.
"I would love that. Have fun, honey." Ben says while giving Joe a huge smile.
"I will. I love you." Joe says.
"Love you too princess." With that Ben ends the call. He sighs loudly while he lets his phone fall on the bed. He couldn't help but get jealous of the picture of Rami and Joe sleeping on the plane. He knows it means nothing, but he should have been the person to fall asleep on Joe's shoulder. Not Rami.

*************

A few days later all three of the boys finally got over their jetlag. They already did many interviews and a few meet up with fans. There wasn't a day where Ben and Joe didn't text each other. The three actors really wanted to recreate a photo Queen took in Tokyo. But as they were missing someone they decided to call a company to have a cardboard cutout made from Ben. They were walking towards the park when they saw a guy standing with the cutout. Joe runs towards the cutout.
"I missed you." He grabs the cutout and hugs it close. His actions cause a burst of laughter from Gwil and Rami standing behind him. Who had already whipped out their phones to take a video to send to Ben. Or keep and manipulate Joe with. Either those two would work. Although, Joe didn' t really mind posting weird pictures about himself. With the cardboard under his arm, Joe starts walking towards the exact place for the picture. After taking the picture they immediately sent it to Ben. Who should be asleep by now but he will have a good way of waking up.

As soon as Ben saw the picture he tried to facetime Joe. Who luckily was in his hotel room.
"How did you even get that thing?" Is the very first thing Ben askes as soon as Joe picks up.
"I don't know. Some Japenese company made it for us. It is in my room wait let me show it." Joe turns his camera to reveal cardboard Ben standing in the corner of his room.
"That is just creepy." Ben squints his eyes to see it better.
"Well, I think it is nice. Now I can stare at your perfect face all evening." Joe says. He watches Ben's reaction closely. Ben's cheeks start to get a little pink.
"But anyways, are you having fun?" Ben asks to distract Joe.
"Yeah, I really do. I wish you were here. It's lonely without you." Joe says. He looks back to his phone and lays down on the bed.
"A little over a week baby and then I will be home again." Ben smiles at Joe. Ben feels as lonely as ever, but he doesn't want to admit that towards Joe. It'll only make Joe feel bad. Which is the least Ben wants.
"I know. I can't wait. How is shooting going?" Joe asks. 
"Great. We are exactly on schedule so I might have a day off before I leave." Ben says. He is exhausted from the intensive shooting schedule. It doesn't help that he stayed up all night thinking about Joe. He made the big mistake to look up interviews with Joe in it. That made him miss Joe even more.
"That is nice." Joe says. The conversation is interrupted by a knock on the door.

"It is open." Joe yells towards the door. He turns the screen from his phone so the person can't see Ben. Gwil is the one to open the door.
"Who is that?" Ben asks when he hears the sound of a door closing.
"Is that Ben? Hi my friend." Gwil let himself fall on the bed next to Joe. He waves excitedly at Ben. Who waves back.
"Anyways, I think I should get ready for shooting. Bye Joe, I love you." Ben says before looking back at Joe. 
"Love you too. Good luck." Joe smiles at Ben and keeps staring at the screen until the call is ended.
"You really love him, don't you?" Gwil asks while he turns his head to the side to look at Joe.
"Yeah, I do." Joe smiles at the ceiling above them.
"You two are really cute." Gwil says. Joe lets the phone fall onto the mattress. It takes all he has in him not to start crying. He doesn't know why it feels so hard to be so long without Ben. They have become so close over the past months that it feels weird not having him by his side.
"Thanks." Joe mumbles.

The crew rented a small karaoke bar for that night. It ended up with Joe drunkenly singing Purple Rain by Prince for Ben. Gwil had a go as well and sung we will rock you together with Joe and cardboard Ben. They decided to wait with sending the videos to Ben. They would send them one by one. Which would definitely make him jealous because they are having so much fun without him.  

************
Hi lovies,

This chapter is dedicated to the release of Bohemian Rhapsody which was exactly a year ago. On my Instagram account (itsametaphorjoe) I have made a post with a thank you letter to Joe, Ben, Gwilym, Rami, Brian and Roger. Would y'all mind tagging them in the comments under that post? It would be amazing if one of them would comment. 

Anyways, finally a fully cute chapter. There is still a lot of drama waiting for y'all, but for now, enjoy the cute stuff.

Goodbye,

Xx Itsametaphorjoe