[| Taehyung |]

[|Trapped In Glass|TaeMin|]

"I just wanted to protect what I love."

[\|<>|/]

There was a vague shadow in the ocean. Fast and yet calm, the shiny scales reflecting in the darkness of the deepest point of the water.

The brown locks of hair moved around slightly when the creature had stopped, the water holding him up by the fins on his back, ears, fingers, elbows and sides. Breathing the water through his nose and blowing the water back out through the gills in his neck.

This creature, was a Siren. A deep-sea critter that only awakens in the dark. Only one of them exists. There cannot be two, or three. Only one.

The Sirens protect what humans cannot. The deepest of water. They clean out the fish that don't belong and bring them back.

They don't feed. They simply do what they're born to do.

Born a male, protect the water.

Born a female, raise the fish.

This siren was a male. A male that the fish have named Kim Taehyung. The siren had gladly accepted it.

Sirens lived in peace years ago, but now they're fearing their existence. Human technology has come far. Going as far as to even detect critters as deep as he lives.

With drones, underwater cameras. Taehyung has seen many of them, and ever since the first one, he fears them.

Small siren Taehyung once swam up to the yellow box with light, thinking it was a fish who wanted to play with him. But when his tail playfully hit it, it didn't move.

Taehyung whined for it to go away if it didn't want to play with him, the light shining right on him.

It didn't hurt his eyes back then as it did now. He's a grown-up siren, the ability to use his voice fully grown into a song so hypnotizing it could even lure fish.

Taehyung had collected pearls, making his own accessories of them. A small tiara around his head and bracelets here and there. He had a small ring of them that separated the tail from the fin, loving the way it moves when he swims.

The strong sharply shaped fin was able to swiftly cut through water as if it was paper. The small fins on his ears helped him to hear the echolocation sounds through the water, hearing the clicking and growling of fish.

He was having the perfect life. At least... until the humans evolved.

Taehyung was racing a shark, betting he was faster. It was fine until the sounds of panicked echoing, yelling, and growling filled his ears.

He cut the race short, his tail cutting through the water as fast as he possibly could to reach the trapped fish in the nets.

It hurt to rip them apart. With one net of the three broken, he was close to panic...

He quickly ripped the second one apart, and at the third...

When the third one ripped, one of the fish accidentally bumped into him, causing Taehyung to fall into the net, trying to make it out when the pressure on his head became rougher. Taehyung's hair felt sticky on his forehead, breathing becoming harder when the net was roughly pulled from the water, leaving Taehyung in the trap, struggling and squirming to get out.

His eyes were wide with panic when he heard voices... Human voices.

"What is that?!"

"It's a fish!"