Yunho ✦ Valentines Matchmaking

Published: February 14, 2020
Rewritten: February 8, 2023

Word count: 2,411

DO NOT read or interact if you're under 14

"Don't forget, today is the Valentines compatibility survey

"Don't forget, today is the Valentines compatibility survey. A table will be set up in the hallway during break where you can get a survey and turn them in. Results will be revealed tomorrow." One of the school staff's voices rang through the loudspeaker in the classroom.

"Ugh." You cringed in disgust, muttering under your breath, "I hate Valentines Day."
"You only say that because you're single." San pointed out as he fiddled mindlessly with his pencil.
"No, I just think it's a pointless holiday."
"Right." San chuckled, clearly not believing you. "You should fill one of those surveys out and see who you match with."
"No way."
"Are you not curious to see who you'll get?"
"No." You answered flatly. "It's not like I'd start dating the person anyway."
"What if it was Yunho?" He asked with a grin.
"Hey, be quiet." You whispered harshly, glancing over to see if the boy in question had heard. Thankfully he seemed distracted. "That's not funny San. Don't joke about that."
"What? It's a legitimate question."
"I highly doubt he would want to date me anyway." You murmured. "
"You shouldn't be so hard on yourself, Y/n. You never know who he likes. You don't know what his type is."
"I'm not doing the survey." You spoke with finality, ending the conversation just as the teacher walked in.

Later that day during break, you noticed San scribbling on a Valentines survey, not paying too much mind to it.
"Hmm favorite color." He muttered to himself before scribbling something down. "Hey Y/n, your favorite food is (fave food) right?"
"Yeah, why?" You answered, tipping your bag of chips back to dump the remaining crumbs into your mouth.
"No reason."
You were quick to look over, instantly realizing what he was doing. You should have known.
"Hey! Give me that!"
"Nope." He jerked it away and began sprinting down the hall.
"San!" You chased after him as fast as you possibly could without running.

By the time you caught up with him, he had the paper held over the box of surveys ready to drop it in.
"I'm not playing around, Sandal. Hand it over." You demanded sternly, using a crappy nickname that you came up with for him.
You watched as he immediately let go of the survey, dropping it into the small slit in the top of the submission box, your heart dropping with it.
"Why did you do that?" You asked, your voice taking on a stressed tone.
"Shouldn't have called me Sandal. You know I hate that."
"No, no, no, no, no." You hurried over to the table seeing the metal box holding all the Valentines surveys inside. Your heart sank when you saw a huge lock on the box, preventing anyone from getting inside. The art teacher who started the whole thing sat behind the table straightening a stack of fresh survey papers.

"Excuse me, Mr. Kim. I need to get my survey out of the box."
"Why?" He asked.
"You see, my friend here," You paused to shoot San a hard glare. "did this survey for me and I didn't want to do one. I really need to get it back."
"Why don't you just let fate decide?" Mr. Kim inquired.
"What?"
"It's just a fun survey, Y/n." He chuckled. "However, it could help you find that special someone."
Of course Mr. Kim would say that, he's a "go with the flow" type of person.
"So, you can't just unlock the box?"
"Why don't you just see how things play out?"
"Yeah, Y/n." San spoke up. "Why don't you just see how things play out?"
You sucked in a deep breath doing your very best to keep your temper at bay.
"Okay. Fine."
"That's the spirit." Mr. Kim grinned. "Have a nice day."
San grabbed your hand, pulling you away from the table and down the hallway looking oh-so-smug as he did so.