Seonghwa ✦ Dragon AU

Published: June 10, 2020
Rewritten: April 5, 2023

Word count: 3,363

Inspired by Seonghwa looking like Toothless :3

DO NOT read or interact if you're under 14

You trekked through the dense forest, your boots brushing against the lush undergrowth as you proceeded through the greenery

You trekked through the dense forest, your boots brushing against the lush undergrowth as you proceeded through the greenery. The light smell of post-rain petrichor lingering in the air, the scent calming to your senses.

There's a story that's been passed down through your family about a dragon boy that lives in a cave somewhere in the woods. Your grandma told you about it when you were a kid. She said he has dark hair and large, red wings. She told you she saw him with her own two eyes. He caught her watching him, snatching her up with his clawed hands. He nearly killed her until he found out she wasn't a threat. She said after that day, they started spending time together every so often and shared stories with each other. Of course, you didn't really believe her until she showed you a red dragon scale. You remembered it well, the color was like that of fire and it had a faint sheen to it, the light reflecting off its smooth surface. She told you the he gave it to her. Ever since then, you've wanted to find this so-called dragon boy, and now that you were old enough to go out on your own, you did just that.

Your grandmother told you there would be a tall oak tree near the cave. She said you'd know it was the right tree if there was a light pink flower growing near the base of it. You'd been on the lookout for the oak, scanning the area vigilantly about halfway through your journey. After just a bit more walking, your eyes immediately found the small bloom, it's pale pink hue standing out against the greenery and the dark wood of the oak. Your heart leapt with excitement at the sight of the flower.
Almost there. You thought to yourself, pressing forward.

You advanced through the forest, making sure to stay on a straight path, not wanting to risk getting lost. The towering trees and lush greenery that seemed to stretch for miles finally began to thin out and you felt like you could breathe a bit easier. You climbed over a large rock that was blocking your way, coming out into a small clearing. There were clusters of rocks that somewhat protected the area, keeping it hidden from prying eyes, this detail caught your attention. As you scanned the area, you spotted a large, rocky wall, somewhat resembling a small mountain. Roughly ten feet off the ground was an opening in the rocks, a cave.
"There it is." You whispered to yourself, feeling a sense of excitement building within you.

Hurrying over to a nearby mound of rocks you began to carefully climb your way up to the cave, moving with the utmost caution. Your hand reached for the ledge, but your foot slipped. A yelp left you as you quickly latched onto the nearest rock, successfully regaining your footing before hauling yourself up onto the ledge. Once you got to your feet, you entered the cave, looking around to see what was inside. It was kind of small—so small, in fact, that you could see the back of it from where you stood. Your eyes scanned the walls but nothing looked out of the ordinary. As you neared the back of the cave you noticed a large rock resting against the stoney walls. Glancing around, you searched the cave floor, not seeing any signs of a dragon living there, not even a scale. You let out a sigh of disappointment.
Maybe it really was just a story.