Yeosang ✦ Evil Queen

Series based off my ATEEZ as Disney Villains chapter

Word count: 5,964

DO NOT read or interact if you're under 14

Yeosang watched as you strolled through town, an annoyingly cheerful smile on your face

Yeosang watched as you strolled through town, an annoyingly cheerful smile on your face. Why were you always so happy? What was there to be happy about?
Everyone you passed greeted you with a bright grin, their faces lighting up when they saw you, especially the men. Yeosang grimaced at the sickening sight, observing from his window. He didn't understand why everyone was so fond of you. There was nothing special about you. You were average, dull, and ordinary. Yeosang however was royalty. He was powerful, intelligent, and wealthy. He ruled over the kingdom and had an incredible castle, furnished with only the finest pieces of furniture. He should be the one getting all of the praise and attention, not you.

"Why does everyone like her so much?" He grumbled.
It took everything in him to step away from the window. He wanted to keep watching you. It sounds absurd, watching someone you despise. Yeosang never once stopped to consider that fact. He was too busy keeping tabs on you and peering at you through his large viewing window. When he wasn't doing that, he was watching you through his enchanted mirror.

He paced around his room, taking long strides across the floor, his mind fogged with thoughts of you.
"You need not concern yourself with her, your majesty." His mirror spoke.
"I'll do as I please." Yeosang snapped.
"She is only causing you stress." The mirror continued. "This obsession you have is not good for you."
"It's not an obsession." He hissed. "And how do you know what's good for me?"
"This behavior is no good, your majesty. It will only cause you harm."
"Stay out of my business. What I do is none of your concern."
"Very well." Sighed the mirror.

Yeosang continued stalking around his room, his temper being pushed to its limits. He was already annoyed with you to begin with, then his nosey mirror had to get in his business. He's there for Yeosang to watch the townspeople (and you), not to give him unwanted opinions.
The king had to come up with a solution to this issue. Perhaps he could just try to be better than you. He reached up, running his fingers over the long hair at the base of his neck. Maybe he could grow his hair out more? His hand then moved to his black and purple attire. Maybe wear flashier clothes?
How could he bring more attention to himself?

He was quick to shoot the idea down, thinking it was too foolish. It would never work. He had to come up with another idea.

Yeosang sat in front of the magic mirror that hung in his chambers, a scowl on his face as he did so.
"Mirror, mirror on the wall, who's the fairest of them all?"
He already knew the answer.
"As you wish."
The face in the mirror disappeared, an image of you strolling down the street replacing it. You smiled brightly as you waved to everyone. Yeosang glowered at the sight of you. He couldn't understand how the townspeople adored you and fawned over you.
"She's not anything special." He grumbled. "Her looks are mediocre at best. What about mine?"
"It's not just her looks." The mirror spoke.
"I beg your pardon?"
"It's her personality."
"What about her personality?" Yeosang inquired, his tone becoming snappy.
"She's extremely kind to everyone she meets. That is why everyone loves her."
Yeosang let out a scoff. "Please."
"You need not be so sour towards her, your majesty."
"What did I tell you about staying out of my business?"
"I am only looking out for you, your majesty."
"Well, stop."
"She has done nothing wrong. Tell me, what has she done to you personally?"
Yeosang's jaw clenched in annoyance.
"Existed."
"That is not a valid answer."
"You have no right to ask me these questions." He snapped.
"I am only curious."
"She's become the center of attention. I'm supposed to be the one everyone pays attention to. She is only a citizen, I'm royalty."
"Perhaps you should try being nicer." Mirror suggested.
"I am nice. I've never once been unfair or harsh with the people of this town."
"That may be true, but you're not a very friendly king. Y/n goes out on a walk through town every day and is always kind to anyone she meets. You stay cooped up in here."
"And?"
"You should try getting out. Perhaps try and socialize with the townspeople."
"I've heard enough." Yeosang held his hand up. "I don't need you to sit here and nag me."
"I am not nagging. I am merely making suggestions."
Yeosang glared at the mirror before stalking away.