Jongho ✦ Jealous

Published: April 28, 2021
Rewritten: June 21, 2023

Word count: 2,938

DO NOT read or interact if you're under 14

"Yes, I'll remember to get your Couque D'asse cookies

"Yes, I'll remember to get your Couque D'asse cookies." You chuckled, keeping the phone pressed against your ear.
"Don't forget to buy the-"
"Green kind. I know."
"Alright. I just wanted to make sure."
"Jongho, we've been dating for three years, I know you better than you think I do."
"Okay, okay. When will you be home?"
"It shouldn't take me more than an hour. I'll let you know if I'll be out longer."
"Alright."
"I love you." You said into the phone.
There was no response for a moment, until you heard a shy, "I love you too." from Jongho.
"I'll see you soon." You giggled, hanging up.

You slipped your phone in your back pocket and entered the convenience store, heading straight for the snack aisle, immediately spotted the coffee-flavored cookies that Jongho liked so much. Reaching out, you grabbed one box only to reach for two more, wanting to make sure he had plenty to snack on. You meandered around the corner and began glancing at the snacks lining the shelves, seeing if anything interested you. Since you had made the trip to the convenience store you might as well browse.

While perusing, you saw movement in your peripherals which made you unconsciously look over. A guy with short, black hair started scanning the ramen section which was at the opposite end of the aisle. Your eyes nearly popped out of your head as you looked at the man's physique. His arms, shoulders, chest, and even his legs were incredibly large and muscular; this man looked like a bodybuilder or something.
He glanced up, making eye contact with you. Your body froze and you quickly looked away, your eyes staying glued to the array of chips in front of you as you silently hoped that you didn't come off as a weirdo staring at that guy.
"Y/n?"
Did he just say my name?
You turned back, seeing the man walking towards you.
"Is that you?" He asked.
Your brows knit together.
"How do you know my name?"
"It's me, Wonho." He smiled brightly, his eyes crinkling up.
You took notice of his adorable ears that seemed to stand out and that's what made everything click. You could now very clearly picture a tiny Wonho who you once knew.
"Wonho?" You repeated in disbelief.
"That's me." He grinned.
"I haven't seen you since my freshman year of high school. You've changed so much."
"So have you."
"You were able to recognize me instantly. I obviously haven't changed at all." You chuckled.
"You have changed. Trust me. I wasn't even sure that was you at first. I thought I was about to embarrass myself."
"I didn't even recognize you." You admitted, your eyes scanning down his extremely buff figure. "You've bulked up... a lot."
Back in high school, Wonho was just a tiny little thing. He was a couple grades ahead of you, but despite that, you were both super close. Seeing him now was a total 360 from what he used to look like.
"Yeah I have. It's taken a lot of work, though."
"I saw you eyeing the ramen section. Seems that not everything has changed." You pointed out with a grin.
He gave a guilty smile, rubbing the back of his neck. "You're right."
"Do you wanna get some ramen and catch up?" He asked. "If you have time."
"Sure. That sounds great, actually."