San ✦ Vampire

That picture radiates vampire energy^^

Published: February 11, 2020
Rewritten: December 29, 2022

Word count: 3,388

He loved the smell of old books, redolent of time and memories

He loved the smell of old books, redolent of time and memories. Their earthy scent brought him a sense of comfort, reminding him of his time, though that was decades ago. He opened this bookstore because it made him feel at home. Unlike your regular run-of-the-mill bookstore, San stays open into the late hours of the night, catering to those few bookworms that are up late. There aren't many people that stop by, but he doesn't mind. This little bookstore of his is like a second home for him.

It was 10:45 PM and San was straightening up some books on a shelf, making sure everything looked neat and tidy. He heard the bell ring, indicating someone had just walked in the shop. He paid no attention at first, that is until a sweet and intoxicating scent reached his senses causing him to spin around and see where the delectable fragrance was coming from.
A young girl who, based on her appearance, seemed to be around his age—well, his human age, was heading towards one of the rows of books at the front of the store. His eyes followed you until you disappeared behind another shelf, no longer in his sights. He felt drawn to you, and it wasn't just your scent. It was the strangest sensation, he couldn't describe it. He wanted to follow you but managed to talk himself out of it, wanting to give you space as you perused the shop.

After briefly browsing through the books, you made your way over to one of the reading areas, dropping your bag on the coffee table and taking a seat on one of the surprisingly comfortable couches. Pulling your laptop from your bag, you started working on an essay for one of your college classes, your fingers tapping away at the keys.
A few minutes later you heard the sound of someone approaching. Glancing up, you saw a rather attractive young man, presumably close to your age standing before you. He had wavy, blonde hair that was slightly longer in the back and wore strange Victorian style clothes, which made him stand out. Maybe that was the theme here. After all, this bookstore did have an aged vibe to it.

(I imagine something like this)