Jongho ✦ Bad Boy

Published: August 1, 2020
Rewritten: April 5, 2023

Word count: 2,562

DO NOT read or interact if you're under 14

You glanced down at your phone screen for the nth time, desperately hoping a text from a certain someone would pop up

You glanced down at your phone screen for the nth time, desperately hoping a text from a certain someone would pop up. Nothing. You put your phone in your pocket and forced yourself to think about something else, like getting home and taking a nice, hot bath. Surely that would help ease your mind and body.
As you approached the place you so desperately wanted to be, your eyes spotted a familiar face, dampening your already bitter mood. You sighed, seeing Jongho leaning against the wall beside your apartment door.
Could this day get any worse? You thought to yourself miserably.

"You've got to be kidding me." You muttered under your breath.
"Hey there." He grinned, waving his fingers at you.
"What do you want?"
"You look nice." He eyed you up, taking in your outfit.
"Answer the question. What do you want?"
"To see you. Why else would I be here?"
"Jongho, please. I'm really not in the mood." You dismissed him as you pulled your keys out.
"Bummer."
"Yeah, bummer." You repeated flatly, opening your apartment door.
"Why are you treating me this way, hm?" He pouted, feigning disappointment.
"You're just a little too much to handle sometimes and quite frankly, I can't deal with you at the moment."
"Too much to handle?" He quirked a brow. "You don't even know, sweetheart."
"That's it right there. That's what I can't stand." You said, pointing at him.
"Why? Because it makes you flustered?"
Your mouth dropped open, appalled by his bold (and incorrect) assumption.
"You wish." You huffed, going to close the door.
Jongho abruptly stopped it with his hand before it could close all the way.
"You're very impolite."
"And you're very pretentious." You shot back, earning an eye roll from him.
You shot him a hard glare, seeing the look of determination on his face. You knew getting rid of him wasn't going to be an easy task.
"Please just go home." You begged, your voice tired with not much emotion. "I'm not in the mood for company today."
Jongho pursed his lips, thinking over your words.
"Fine." He sighed.
"Really?"
"Yeah." He waved his hand dismissively and pulled the door closed.
You stood just inside your apartment, staring at the door in disbelief.
Did Jongho just leave... willingly?
He actually listened to you?
You shook your head, not having time to worry about him. You were ready for that hot bath. No matter how shocked you were at Jongho's complacency, you couldn't let it live in your mind. He left you alone and that's all that mattered. Besides, you needed your mind to be clear, not full of stupid boyfriends who stand you up and annoying guys trying to do God knows what.

You turned on the faucet, checking the temperature of the water until it was to your satisfaction before pulling one of your favorite canisters of bath salts from the cabinet, opening the lid to get a quick whiff of it. You walked over to the tub, sprinkling it in and letting the sweet aroma fill the air. You were quick to discard your clothes and slip on your silk robe before walking into the kitchen and pouring yourself a glass of wine. Sauntering back to the bathroom, you lit a few candles and got some nice, relaxing music going before sliding off your robe and stepping into the bathtub.
A blissful sigh pushed past your parted lips as you sunk into the steaming, bubbly water.
Your finger tapped against the side of the tub to the beat of the soft music playing through your Bluetooth speaker, eyes sliding closed as you allowed the feeling of relaxation to wash over you like a gentle wave.
You gave yourself a moment of quiet before reaching for the wine glass, taking a sip of the rich liquid inside.