Seonghwa ✦ ÄŃTĪ

Published: May 12, 2021
Rewritten: August 9, 2023

Word count: 2,126

DO NOT read or interact if you're under 14
This imagine contains dark themes and is not suitable for readers under the age of 14 or anyone who cannot handle scary things.

I should also mention that this is for writing/entertainment purposes ONLY. I am not glorifying or condoning this type of behavior. I merely wanted to write something out of my comfort zone and try something new.

 I merely wanted to write something out of my comfort zone and try something new

"Doll." A sinister voice called after you.
You squeezed your eyes shut, leaning against the back of the closet, your heart pounding in your chest, hammering so violently against your rib cage you could hear it in your ears.
The sound of his boots thumping against the floor punctuated the silence as he walked into the room you were hidden in. You bit your lip, silently praying he wouldn't look in the closet where you were.

"I know you're in here sweetheart." He sang.
His footsteps got closer, the light thumping of his boots becoming heavier and louder as he moved closer. You saw his silhouette pass by through the tiny crack between the doors to the cramped space, your breath hitching.
"You can't hide forever."
The air went quiet and everything seemed to slow down. You could hear the low ringing in your ears and feel the small beads of perspiration forming on your hairline due to the unadulterated terror coursing through your entire body. You could even feel your heart pound in your chest, jerking your body ever so slightly with each harsh beat. You knew he was standing right outside the closet, waiting, listening. You could feel him.
You couldn't help but wonder if this is what prey felt like before it was caught.

"I can hear you breathing, my sweet."

Your heart jumped into your throat when he said that.
No. He's lying. He's only trying to freak you out. You told yourself, your throat becoming dry.
If you stayed still and kept your breathing shallow, he'll leave—right? A few agonizing moments of silence passed, the air still and thick with tension.

The door flung open and the clothes that shielded you were separated, exposing you to the man you were trying so desperately to stay hidden from.

"There you are." Seonghwa grinned, wickedly.
He slowly extended his hand to you, the anxiety in your body rising the closer his hand got. "Come on out." He beckoned, his oddly placid behavior sending a haunting chill down your spine.
As much as you wanted to stay where you were, you knew there was nothing you could do, so you reached out and grabbed hold of his hand. He pulled you out, forcefully jerking your arm so you stumbled forward into his chest.
"I missed you." He hummed, brushing a piece of hair out of your face. "Why did you go and hide from me like that, hm?"
Your voice was stuck in your throat, unable to break free. You didn't know what to say.
"Don't start being coy now." He whispered hoarsely, snaking one arm around your waist.
"I was... just playing a game." You lied, hoping it would be believable.
"A game? Hm. I didn't like that game very much." He spoke, a small frown on his face. His tone was calm and composed, but you knew better. Under that seemingly tranquil demeanor was a bomb ready to blow. Being around Seonghwa was like walking on a land mine; one wrong step and he explodes.
"I'm sorry." You apologized meekly, hoping to keep his temper at bay.
"Are you?" He taunted.
"Yes."
"Why don't you show me how sorry you are?"
"What?" You croaked, your heart beginning to race with fear as you imagined the many morbid things that could be swirling around in that dark and twisted mind of his.
"Kiss me, Y/n."
You didn't even have time to protest as he leaned in, his lips brushing against your jaw. You froze, your whole body going stiff in response. You didn't think Seonghwa would do anything to physically harm you, but you'd rather not find out if that assumption is true or not.
Seonghwa brought his face close to yours, your noses almost touching as his breath fanned your face.