Yunho ✦ Sea Puppy | Merman AU

Published: September 30, 2020
Rewritten: May 20, 2023

Word count: 3,335

DO NOT read or interact if you're under 14

The ocean breeze blew through your hair and brushed gently against your skin as you made your way down the beach with a pep in your step, the weight of impending due dates having been lifted off your shoulders

You had just finished your finals for the spring semester and decided to treat yourself and celebrate by having a small picnic on the beach near your house. College had you so preoccupied you didn't have much time to visit the sandy shores you called home.
You packed with you a sandwich, some freshly sliced fruit, and a small bag of chips. For beverages, you poured some lemonade in a tin canteen to keep it cool in the sweltering heat. Besides the food items, you brought along your portable speaker to play some music while you ate.
Your eyes scanned the beach in search of a good place to set up, noting the lack of private areas to sit. Huffing out a sigh, you squinted your eyes, bringing a hand up to shield them from the sun's brilliant rays as you peered off in the distance, scoping the area for the ideal picnic spot. You caught sight of a small cluster of rocks near the edge of the water. It didn't seem like there was over there, appearing to be vacant.
Perfect.
You trekked along the beach to your new destination and were pleased to see that there was no one is loitering around the area. You grinned triumphantly to yourself and started climbing on the rocks, finding one that seemed to have a decently flat area for your one person picnic. You draped your beach towel over the rough rock before sitting down and unpacking your meal, giving a small nod of approval once everything was spread out. You retrieved your speaker from the bag you brought along and set it up, choosing the perfect song from your playlist of chill songs, adjusting the volume to a comfortable decibel.
The scene was picture perfect; the brilliant sun beaming down and reflecting off the limpid waves, creating a sort of glittering illusion. The rock beneath you was warm from sitting in the sunlight all day, feeling like a heating pad from nature. You began your solo picnic by unwrapping the sandwich you had prepared and started eating while watching the beautiful scenery before you, the music superbly fitting the mood.

Once your picnic was nothing but wadded plastic wrap and empty chip bags, you decided it was time to relax and allow your food to settle for a few minutes. Repositioning yourself by scooting further down the rock, you brought your toes closer to the water and dipped them in allowing the waves to lap over your feet, drenching you in tranquility. You took a small sip of lemonade before leaning back on the towel below you, eyelids sliding closed while you allowed to heat from the rock to soak your muscles, the intense warmth seeping into your bones.
The soft music playing through the speaker mixed with the serene sound of the waves seemed to be in perfect harmony. You released a relaxed sigh, feeling a wave of drowsiness wash over you much like the waves lapping your feet. Just as you started to doze off, the sound of nearby splashing reached your ears, feeling the aftermath of it as the water hit your shins. You didn't think much of it, assuming it was just a kid playing nearby, that is, until you heard a low, mellifluous voice speak up in the most polite tone.