Hongjoong ✦ Jealous

Published: March 3, 2021
Rewritten: June 21, 2023

Word count: 1,370

DO NOT read or interact if you're under 14

"Are you excited about your class reunion?" Hongjoong asked while fixing his hair

"I am, actually. I know it's only a five year reunion but I'm kind of excited to see some of my old classmates." You responded putting on mascara. "Thank you for agreeing to go with me. I know you've been busy with schedules and stuff. The fact that you spent your short time off attending my class reunion with me means a lot."
"You're welcome, angel. I know this is important to you, so I wanted to go."
Your heart swelled with adoration.
"You're the best." You grinned, giving him a quick kiss on the cheek.

You and Hongjoong walked into the the small venue that was rented for that evening's event. The place was decorated with long strands of lights and a few gold and silver balloons clustered together, a huge sign hanging on the wall reading: Welcome Class of (graduation year)!
"Wow. This is super nice. I'm impressed." You marveled, looking around at all the decorations. "They put a lot of work into this."
"Where do you want to sit?" Hongjoong asked, lacing his ring-clad fingers with yours.
"Probably in the corner." You answered with a lighthearted chuckle. "That's always a safe place."
The both of you went to one of the tables situated in the corner of the venue, sitting right beside each other. Your eyes scanned the room in search of anyone you recognized. You were able to spot a few of the popular girls, all of them hanging out together just like in high school. It had only been five years so you didn't expect anyone to look very different, but some people you hardly recognized, having to take a second glance at them to realize who they were.
"Hey, are you hungry?" Hongjoong asked, pulling you from your daze.
"Very. You wanna go see what food they have?"
"Yes. I'm starving."
"Let's go see who they got to cater the event."

You and your boyfriend got up from your seats and maneuvered through the crowd towards the snack table.
"You want me to go get us something to drink first?" Hongjoong asked while gesturing towards the refreshments sitting at the end of the line of tables.
"Yes please."
"I'll be right back." He informed, giving you a grin before walking off.
While he poured the both of you a drink, you turned your attention back to the large spread of food before you, trying to decide where to start.
There were all sorts of mini sandwiches, fried chicken tenders, pizza, chips, and other finger foods—just a bunch of junk food, really. You did spot some fruit and veggies in bowls scattered about the tabletop. This wasn't exactly a formal even, so you expected finger foods, but you didn't mind it at all. You grabbed a slice of pizza and a couple sandwiches, wanting so badly to dig in right then and there, but you decided to wait until you were seated at your table.

"Y/n?" A voice called out in surprise.
You stopped, turning to see who had called your name, recognizing the man right away. Jeon Jungkook. You used to have the biggest crush on him back during sophomore year. Though you'd gotten over that crush long ago, you still felt the slightest bit jittery around him, most likely because you didn't talk to him very often in high school and weren't accustomed to being around him.
"Jungkook." You gaped.
"I didn't know if you'd be here."
"Well, here I am." You laughed awkwardly.
"How have you been?"
"I've been great, actually. Life has treated me well, a little too well I think. What about you?"
"I've been pretty good. I run a photography blog now and I also have a YouTube channel where I post vlogs and stuff."
"Oh really? I know you've always liked photography, but I didn't know you liked video editing."
"I do. I like sharing my pictures with everyone and showing people where I've been. It's just fun and it makes me happy." He smiled.
"Well, that's amazing. I'm so glad to hear that."
He shoved his hands in his pockets. "What about you? What are you doing now?"
"Not much." You shrugged. "I've traveled to a few places and attended some concerts."
"Oh. That sounds like a lot of fun."
"It is. I'm very lucky." You nodded.
"So, are you here alone?" Jungkook inquired, looking around.
"No. I'm actually here with my boyfriend."
"Boyfriend?" Jungkook echoed, his brows raising as an amused grin pulled at his lips.
"Yeah he went to get drinks. He should be back any-"
"Y/n?"
You spun around and saw Hongjoong holding two cups, his eyes lingering on the man standing in front of you.
"There he is." You beamed. "Jungkook, this is my boyfriend, Hongjoong."
Your former classmate looked surprised, his round eyes becoming even rounder at the sight of your boyfriend.
"You're from ATEEZ." He stated, his mouth hanging open.
"I am." Hongjoong answered flatly, walking up beside you. "Here's your drink, beautiful." He announced, kissing your cheek.
The public display of affection caught you off guard momentarily. Hongjoong wasn't really a fan of PDA and hardly ever kissed you in front of people. You were quick to brush it off, thanking him for the beverage and taking the plastic cup from his hand.
"Your music is so good and your choreography is amazing." Jungkook praised.
"Thanks."
"I'm Jungkook, by the way. Y/n and I went to school together." He extended his hand.
Hongjoong reached out, briefly shaking it, his expression remaining the same.
"I think I should head back to my seat. It was nice seeing you again, Y/n." Jungkook gave you a small wave before walking off.
Hongjoong turned to the snack table and fixed himself a plate while you stood to the side awkwardly, examining your boyfriend whose jaw was clenching and unclenching. The both of you headed back to your table in silence, the air tense. Something in your gut was telling you that something wasn't right, not even the music playing in the background could ease you.

"So," Hongjoong spoke up, cutting through the tense atmosphere. "who's Jungkook?"
"He was my classmate." You told him, choosing to omit the part about having a crush on him for a short period.
"Just a classmate?"
"Yes."
"Well, I don't want him talking to you."
"Why?" You questioned.
"I don't like him."
An amused smirk tugged at the corner of your mouth as the pieces finally fell into place.
"Are you jealous?"
He didn't say anything and he didn't have to. His silence spoke volumes.
"Hongjoong." You sighed, letting out a soft chortle. "You don't have to worry about him. I'm dating you and have been for two years now." You smiled, reaching over to hold his hand, giving it a reassuring squeeze.
He grinned sheepishly, glancing over at you with a fond look on his handsome features. He brushed your hair out of your face, his eyes glancing over in the distance somewhere as his expression shifted from fondness to smugness. Then, he did something you never expected. He leaned in and kissed you—hard. You thought it would be a short kiss, but Hongjoong kept his lips attached firmly to yours, not allowing you to pull away. You kissed back right away, your hand reaching up to cup his cheeks, not caring if you were in public, everyone was too busy to notice anyway. Hongjoong encased your lips with his, making sure to keep them trapped for a few moments before he pulled away only to dive right back in to capture them once more.
You both pulled away in a daze, Hongjoong's thumb dragging across your bottom lip as a prideful and flirtatious smirk painted his pink lips. The kiss wasn't long at all, but it still managed to leave you feeling lightheaded and wanting more.

"What was that for?" You asked breathlessly.
"Jungkook was looking." He answered, a smirk forming on his pink-tinted lips. "I thought I'd give him a show."
"Hongjoong." You scolded.
"What? I only wanted to show him who you belong to."

_____________________________________
At the time this was originally published, it was about to be 4 years since I graduated. Now it's been six years and we didn't get a 5 year reunion because our class officers are lazy and don't care 💀

DO NOT steal, copy, repost, translate, or alter any of my imagines. I work very hard on these. If you want to write something inspired by my work, please ask me first