Yeosang ✦ Vampire

Do not steal or repost my edits

Published: February 8, 2020
Rewritten: December 29, 2022

Word count: 4,650

You received your test score only to be disappointed

You received your test score only to be disappointed... again.
"Seriously?" You mutter under your breath as you spot the almost failing grade scribbled in red pen on your math exam.
You just can't seem to get a decent grade. All this constant failing is really starting to get to you.
"If no one has any questions about their tests you're free to go." The teacher announced as she made her way up to her desk at the front of the room.
The sound of students gathering their belongings and zipping up their backpacks could be heard as everyone prepared to leave. You stood up doing the same.

"Y/n." Your teacher called, temporarily halting your actions. "Can you stay for a little bit?"
"Sure." You respond calmly, though you know it can't be good news. Getting asked to stay after class if never a good thing.
Once you have all your things packed, you approach her desk, knowing she's going to discuss your less than impressive test grades.
"What did you need me for?" You ask even though you're pretty sure you know what's coming.
"I'm concerned with your grades."
And there it is.
"Yes ma'am, I know." You sighed. "I just can't seem to understand the material. I've tried taking notes, studying and watching videos about the work, but I just can't seem to get it."
She could see you were in distress as you explained, so she offered you some kind words.
"It's alright. Math isn't everyone's strong suit. Good news is, I know something that can help. A tutor."
"Okay." You nod. "Whatever it takes."
"I'm glad to hear that. There's a math tutor I can set you up with. He's the best one at this university. I'll set you up a meeting with him and email the details to you."
"That would be great. Thank you so much."
"Absolutely. Good luck."
You nod and turn to leave before she calls out to you again.
"Oh, and Y/n?"
"Yes?"
"Don't stress too much, okay? It'll be alright. Just breathe."
"Will do."
You left your class feeling much better than you thought you would. You imagined that whole situation going way worse. You tend to do that a lot—overthink and picture a situation going horribly wrong, when in reality its never as bad as you assume it will be.

The walk to your car is nice and helps you calm your nerves a bit, the refreshingly cool autumn air putting you at ease.
After getting in your car you replay the conversation you had with your teacher in your head, your thoughts wandering a bit. She said your tutor is a guy.
What if he's cute?
"That's stupid." You shake your head.
It shouldn't matter if he's cute. You're meeting with him so you can do better in math and not have to take the class again. College has already drained your bank account enough, you don't need to be paying for a class a second time.

Later that night, you take a few moments to check your email, unsure if you'll even get an appointment confirmation so soon. To your surprise, you see a new email from your teacher sent just a few hours ago.