Wooyoung ✦ Jealous

Published: April 21, 2021
Rewritten: June 21, 2023

Word count: 3,015

DO NOT read or interact if you're under 14

You watched from across the table as your friend, Ahin, giggled at her phone, a sparkle in her eye as she did so

"What are you giggling at?"
"Jumin Han just messaged me." She grinned.
"Is that another one of those dating games you always play?"
"Yes." She answered shyly.
"I should have known." You shook your head, letting out a chuckle.
"Y/n, it's soooo fun."
"I'm sure it is."
"It's called Mystic Messenger. I'm obsessed with it."
"I have a boyfriend who's an idol. I think I'm good."
"That doesn't matter. This is just a game."
"Yeah. It's just a game." You repeated.
"It's fun. I highly recommend you trying it out. Look, you have conversations with them and you have the option to give different answers." She explained, showing you her phone screen. "Depending on which answers you give to which person, you'll end up on their route."
"Route?" You parroted.
"That just means that you'll end up pursuing a relationship with that person. You get different endings though. They all have a good and bad ending, 707's was so sad." She frowned.
"707? Is that a name for one of the characters?"
"Yes! His real name is Luciel. He's quite a character." She chuckled.
"So, how exactly is this game played, besides texting?"
"It's mostly just texting, though sometimes you get phone calls. You get pictures from the them too and collect them in an album. The only thing about the game I don't like is that you often get texts at 4 and 5 AM." She explained. "And if you miss them, you can use hourglasses to go back and participate in the chat."
"Oh no." You groaned. "You're actually making me curious about this game."
"Yes!" She squeaked, grabbing your hands excitedly. "Please download it. It'll be so much fun. Plus, it'll give you something to do while you wait for Wooyoung to come back from practice."
You chewed your lip in thought, mulling over the idea.
"I know you mentioned he has practice at least five days a week for long hours. This will be something to occupy your time." She added in an attempt to convince you to try out the game.
"Okay, fine. You make a good point. It'll give me something to do while Wooyoung is off doing idol things."
"Yes, yes, yes." She chanted enthusiastically.
Pulling your phone out, you opened the App Store and searched for this game Ahin spoke softly highly of and started downloading it, setting your phone on the table.
"I'm so happy you decided to try it out. You won't regret it. I guarantee it."
"I hope so. If it's not as great as you say it is, I'm deleting it immediately."
"I don't have to worry about that." Ahin grinned. "I know you'll love it."

Once the app had finished downloading, Ahin begged you to start the game so she could get your live reaction. You typed your name in and started the story.
"So I'm in this group chat with random people?"
"Yes." Ahin confirmed.
You hummed, watching the chats pop up on the screen. When you got the chance to choose a response, you tapped the one that you felt was the best answer.
Ahin watched with gleaming eyes from across the table, sipping on her drink as she did so. Once you finished the opening, you saved the game and set your phone down.
"So, what do you think so far?" She inquired.
"Not bad, actually. I shouldn't have judged it so much at first."
"I told you it's good."