Hongjoong ✦ Hades

MAMA 2021 Hongjoong will forever be superior 😩

Series based off my ATEEZ as Disney Villains chapter

Word count: 2,828

DO NOT read or interact if you're under 14

It was a boring day in the Underworld. The flow of souls coming in was lower than usual, which meant Hongjoong didn't have much to do. His poilished, black nails tapped against the arm of his throne as he stared blankly into the flames before him.
He was bored to death.
He snapped his fingers, his two lackeys appearing in a puff of black smoke.
"You called?" Wooyoung asked, brushing his hair away from his face.
"It's a slow day." Hongjoong responded.
"We noticed." San added, suppressing a yawn.
"I was thinking we could have some fun in the mortal realm today. What do you think, boys?"
The duo shared a look, mischievous smirks tugging at their lips.
Hongjoong took that as a yes.

The three disappeared in a cloud of black smoke, appearing in the mortal realm somewhere away from the crowds. Hongjoong was quick to disguise himself in his human form. His extravagant, black attire was replaced with cream-colored robes to blend in. He looked at the two stood across from him.
"What have you got?" He asked, indicating for the two to show him their disguises.
In an instant, the pair turned into two children.
A wicked smile spread across Hongjoong's features.
"Perfect. No one ever suspects children."
"What do you want us to do, boss?" San inquired.
"Go wreak havoc. Steal something, harass the elderly, let the livestock loose in the streets." He ordered, listing off things that would cause disturbances.
"You got it." The two saluted Hongjoong before scurrying off into town leaving their boss to watch the chaos ensue.

You strode through town, perusing the different carts lined up along the dusty streets. You didn't need anything in particular, you just wanted to get out, stretch your legs, and get some fresh air.
Suddenly, you heard a commotion from somewhere behind you. You turned around to see what was going on, and when you did, two little boys ran by nearly knocking you off your feet as they did so. You stumbled a bit but was quick to regain your balance as you saw the two kids run over to a nearby fruit cart. You couldn't help but notice one of them going to steal an apple. Just when you were about to speak up, the lady running the small business began shouting at them, shooing them away. You frowned, feeling sorry for the two boys.
"Excuse me." You called out, stepping towards the fruit cart. "What's going on?"
"These two ruffians tried to steal my goods!" She spoke harshly, her voice a bit gravelly.
"They were just hungry, I'm sure."
"Lady, do you see the chaos these two have caused?" She pointed to the other vendors' carts lining the street. Some appeared to have things knocked off, the sellers trying to gather their goods out of the streets.
"I'm sure they didn't mean to. They were probably just having fun and weren't paying attention. Right?" You asked, turning to the children.
They both nodded.
You then bent down to their level, looking at the two of them. One had short, choppily cut black hair, the other longer brown hair with subtle waves. They both looked to be around the same age, maybe seven years old. You weren't too sure. Either way, you weren't going to leave them without making sure they were alright and out of trouble.
"Where are your parents?" You asked.
Neither said a word.
"Do you have parents?"
The one with brown hair nodded while the one with choppy black hair shook his head. You weren't sure what to think of that, so you chose to overlook it.
"Are you guys hungry? I'll get you something."
The two shared a glance before nodding.
You stood up to face the lady running the fruit stand.
"I'd like two apples, please."
"For these two delinquents?" She asked, harshly.
"I'm giving you business, so why does it matter who I give them to?"
The vendor pressed her lips together, knowing she couldn't possibly refuse a paying customer.
"Alright." She huffed, taking the money from me.
"Thank you." You gave her a friendly smile, picking two apples from the woven baskets on the cart and handing them to the boys.
"Thank you, Miss." The brown-haired boy smiled, his cheeks round like bread.