Wooyoung ✦ Rosy

Word count 2,153

DO NOT read or interact if you're under 14

You put all your focus on the task at hand, which was assembling toy cars

You put all your focus on the task at hand, which was assembling toy cars. With the utmost caution, you placed the wooden wheels onto the vehicle, adjusting them accordingly before preparing to tighten them into place.
A loud crash resounded through the workshop causing you to flinch in response, the wheel falling from your hand, clattering onto the table. You turned your gaze in the direction the loud noise came from. Sprawled on the floor was Wooyoung, a fellow elf. Strewn across the floorboards were toys that had fallen out of a box that currently laid on its side.
You moved your gaze back to Wooyoung whose cheeks were glowing pink. Your eyes widened at the rare sight. You'd never seen anything like that before, it was unique and unusual. With most of the attention drawn to him, you could see his cheeks becoming more pink.

"Look at his cheeks!" One elf pointed.
"He must be really embarrassed." Another commented.
"His cheeks are glowing! That's so weird."
Laughs began to ring out from nearby elves as they pointed mockingly at Wooyoung who kept his head down to try and hide his face.
"What a freak!" Someone shouted, laughter following shortly after.
You were appalled by the hateful remarks you were hearing and the blatant bullying you were witnessing.

Without thinking, you got up from your seat and abandoned your workstation to assist Wooyoung. You crouched on the floor, setting the fallen box upright as you began picking toys up off the floor, placing them back into the container. Wooyoung lifted his head ever so slightly to look at you.
"Are you alright?" You asked softly.
He pulled his bottom lip between his teeth, averting your gaze as his cheeks glowed a little brighter.
You hurriedly set the box aside, helping Wooyoung to his feet as he kept his head lowered. You shot your fellow workers a sharp glare as you led the pink-cheeked elf out of the workshop.

Once outside and away from watchful eyes and judgmental gazes, you turned to Wooyoung, who stepped away, his back facing towards you.
"Are you okay?" You asked him.
"I will be." He responded dejectedly.
"I can stay out here with you if you'd like." You offered.
He nodded his head.
"I'm Y/n, by the way."
"I know."
"So, your cheeks." You spoke up.
"They've been this way ever since I was born." He answered the question before you could even ask it.
"Ah."
You watched as Wooyoung continued to keep his head turned away.
"Can I see it?" You asked, treading lightly.
"It's embarrassing."
"It isn't. I think it's cool and unique."
He hesitantly turned towards you, the faint glow in his cheeks a little dimmer than before, but still glowing nonetheless.
You leaned forward to get a closer look. It was remarkable. Wooyoung watched you with cautious, wide eyes as you brought your hand up, your fingertips gently caressing his left cheek. The pink glow that was once faint became brighter in the wake of your fingers ghosting along his skin. You were quick to retract from him.
"Sorry." You murmured. "I didn't mean to."
Now it was your turn to avoid eye contact.
"It's fine."
"Do you..." You trailed off for a moment before finishing. "Do you want to go back inside?"
Wooyoung shook his head. "I still need a minute."
"Okay. That's fine." You sat compliantly. "Take as long as you need."
Wooyoung turned to you with an incredulous expression on his face. "You're gonna stay out here with me?"
"Yes?" You said it like a question. "I'm not gonna just leave you out here alone."
"But it's freezing out here." He mentioned.
You reached up to feel that the tip of your nose was ice cold.