Yunho ✦ Vampire

Do not steal or repost my edits

Published: February 8, 2020
Rewritten: December 29, 2022

Word count: 4,530

Sounds coming from the TV were mere background noise as you mindlessly stared at the screen, not paying attention to anything being displayed on it

Sounds coming from the TV were mere background noise as you mindlessly stared at the screen, not paying attention to anything being displayed on it. It was nearing 1 AM and you were nowhere near tired. In all honesty, you're actually rather bored. You'd been sitting with Yunho on his bed watching television for what felt like forever, though it had only been a couple hours.
A long sigh pushed past your lips as you rolled over, laying your head on Yunho's lap. Noticing your actions, he lets out a light chuckle, his fingers moving to run through your hair, relaxing you immediately. You gaze up at him and admire his features, from his bright and always sparkly brown eyes to his pouty and kissable lips. You pulled your bottom lip between your teeth as you studied him, wondering how you'd gotten so lucky.
"Baby?" Yunho glanced down at you. "Are you alright? Your heart is beating really fast."
"Ah." Heat rose to your cheeks. "Sorry. I was just admiring you, that's all."
"Oh." It was his turn to get flustered.

"You know," You started, reaching up to place your hand on Yunho's cheek. "We've been dating for almost six months."
"Six months tomorrow. Not that I'm counting." He tried to fight back a smile.
"It feels like just yesterday we started dating."
"It does."
"Remember when you told me you were a vampire? You thought I would hate you."
"I was worried you would run away." He let out a chuckle, feeling silly for ever thinking you wouldn't accept him.
"But I didn't." You smiled.
"No you didn't and I'm so grateful for that. I don't know what I would have done if you had left me."
"Well obviously you would have found someone else."
"No. I wouldn't have." He shook his head. " adamantly. "You see, when a vampire finds someone who they're meant to be with they have this... feeling. Like they know for sure that's who they're meant to be with."
"Like a soulmate?" You inquired.
"Yeah. Exactly like a soulmate."
"So does that mean I'm your soulmate?"
"Yes." He smiled brightly, his eyes crinkling.
The thought of you and Yunho being destined for each other made your heart flip.
"Is there any other fun facts about soulmates I should know about?" You asked, curious to l learn more. "For example, do they have a special connection or something?"
"Yes..." He trailed off, furrowing his eyebrows. "But that's something I haven't really gotten around to yet."
You sat up, moving to sit in his lap.
"What do you mean?" You questioned.
He breathed out heavily in preparation before continuing. "A vampire has to mark their soulmate so other vampires will know. Marking also makes their connection stronger. Like, for example, if I were to mark you we'd be more connected to each other and I would be able to find you easier if you ever needed help. We would sort of be linked in a way. Not to mention it'll help you stay protected from other vampires. They don't usually go for humans who are marked."
Wow.
This new information was both surprising and intriguing. Creating a bond through a bite? It's fascinating.
"Why haven't you done it yet?" You spoke your thoughts aloud.
If there were all these positive benefits to being marked, then why had he not already done it?
Yunho seemed to get a bit shy at your question, his cheeks tinting pink. "Because I wanted to wait until the right time. I want it to be special."
Your expression softened.
"Aw." You gushed, giving his cheeks a light squeeze. "So cute."