Seonghwa ✦ Vampire

Do not steal or repost my edits

Published: February 3, 2020
Rewritten: December 29, 2022

Word count: 3,295

There's an old story about your town that's been told for centuries upon centuries

There's an old story about your town that's been told for centuries upon centuries. The legend surrounds a mansion a few miles from the quaint town you call home. It's an old, dilapidated structure from 1892. It still stands even now, no one dares to lay a finger on it. Why? Because someone lives there—allegedly, of course.
The towering structure is home to a vampire, or so people say. Daring teens have visited the old house in the past claiming to have seen a male dressed in old victorian clothes. Some have even mentioned seeing red eyes. Of course, they're just stories. The only way to find out if the rumors are true is to see with your own eyes. So, you being the avid vampire enthusiast you are, you plan to go visit the mansion and find out for yourself if this night dwelling creature truly inhabits the decrepit mansion.

And you're going alone.

You're not scared in the slightest. Not because you don't think there's anything in there, but because vampires simply don't scare you. In fact, you're more fascinated by them than anything. You want to see a vampire.
The only thing you pack for your little visit is your cell phone and a flashlight. No weapons, no garlic, nothing. You've studied up on vampires and the cliche things that are supposed to hurt them don't do a thing, so bringing those items would be pointless and quite embarrassing in your opinion.

You hop in your car and take off just before sunset. When you arrive at the mansion, the sky is just starting to turn a hazy mix of purple and pink, which is perfect. This is exactly how you wanted it.
You park your vehicle at the entrance of the aged house, taking a moment to gaze at the monstrous structure.

You slip though the front gates with ease before making your way down the stone driveway leading to the mansion.
Your heart races in your chest, adrenaline coursing through your body at the thought of possibly seeing a vampire tonight. Your chances are more than likely slim, but you're holding onto hope that you'll at least get to catch a glimpse of the undead being that resides in the long-standing house.
Your footsteps slow as you approach the large cherry wood doors of the manor.
Should I knock? You wonder.
Well, it's not like a vampire is going to come answer the door.
Your hand reached out to grab the doorknob, slowly twisting it. To your surprise, the door opens.
"What vampire keeps their front door unlocked? Anyone could just waltz in." You mutter to yourself.
That's exactly what you're doing right now. Your brain reminded you.
It then occurred to you that perhaps that's exactly what the vampire wants.

You take a cautious step inside and close the door behind you, making sure to keep as quiet as possible. Flicking on your flashlight, your eyes begin to wander around the vast room taking in the details of it. The interior was definitely old fashioned. The furniture appeared outdated, but taken care of. As you proceeded through the room, you got a closer look at the well-kept furniture, not a speck of dust in sight. You were surprised, honestly. The outside looked so dark and decayed, yet the inside was perfectly pristine and well-kept; it was a noticeable contrast from the home's exterior.