Chapter 58: Training(Kami style!)

* Authors note*
Three more years, here we go!

One week later: Timeskip!

Kakarot was suffering immensely. Both Kami and Bardock had gotten together to create new methods of training for him. And boy o boy, there were some tough things cooked up in the minds of the two aliens. But it wasn't all bad. Kami has talked about what little he could recall of his home planet. A place where the grass was blue and the sky was green. It sounded really neat. Maybe one day Goku would get to go there. But for now, he had to focus on his training. Mastering his own movements was tough work.

Two months later- Timeskip!

Bardock had spent the last month sparring with Goku at full power. It was brutal, but the progress he was making was undeniable. Every single day, Goku would do better then the day before. One day, after nearly landing a hit on Bardock, Kami took the older saiyan aside and whispered to him. Bardock grinned and called Kakarot over. The training was only going to get tougher.

4 months later- Timeskip!

Kakarot was blindfolded. He was focusing on finding enemies he couldn't see by using his own ki. He was also working on manipulating the air with his ki. He could make small shockwaves now, and even bursts in wind. His ki blasts were more precise then ever before. But now that he thought about it, he didn't even know where he was. He was facing off against multiple clay clones of himself created by Mr. Popo. The air was heavy, and it was hard to move. But he knew he had to. Piccolo was alive. And he wouldn't be slacking off.

6 months later: Timeskip!

Goku finished the string of backflips and shot forth a blast of air that nearly made Popo stumble. Without missing a beat, Goku flipped into the wall behind him and used it to spring at the unshaken servant. Popo looked down in shock. Goku's foot was pressed deeply into his stomach.
"You...you did it! You got a hit off!" Mr. Popo exclaimed. Goku bounces back in joy. He then recovered from his momentary joy.
"Yeah, But only with one foot. Ready for both?" Goku smiled.

2 and 1/2 months later- Timeskip!

"Cmon, Kakarot! Faster!" Bardock screamed. He was firing ki blasts as quickly as he could, and Goku was deflecting them as quickly as he could in turn. Bardock quickly realized that Goku was more then willing to take a hit if it meant that the blast would be easier to avoid. Talk about commitment. After a week of ki deflection training, Mr. Popo and Kami both joined in the firing process. Now Kakarot had three times as many blasts to deflect. He grinned as the first flash of light bounced off his foot. Time to get serious.

4 and 1/4 months later: Timeskip!

"Hey dad? Why do you wear that bandana still?" Goku sat on the ground, relaxing in between training sessions.
"It's a reminder of my dead friend Tora." Bardock said, standing stiffly.
"Oh. One more question: when did you shrink?" Goku asked as he stood up, seeing his father only about a head taller then himself nowadays.
"Shrink? What are you talking about? You're the one who has changed; you're growing dumbass." Bardock scoffed at his growing boy.
"No way! Can't wait to show Krillin." Goku smirked.
"Heh. Yeah, bet he'll still be short." Bardock sighed knowingly.
"What? No, he's got to grow, right?" Kakarot asked in disbelief.
"I dunno..." Bardock said nervously.
The two saiyans laughed about it before resuming training. Time to kick things up a notch.

5 months later: Timeskip!

"Jeez. I feel like the days are going even slower then they were before." Goku commented as he fought the three residents of The Lookout at once in the dead of night.
Bardock shot a nervous glance towards Kami as they both fired ki blasts. Mr. Popo tried to headbutt Goku, but he easily kicked him away. His new growth removed some older weaknesses. And he would grow even more; he'd probably end up around the same height as his father at this rate.

3 months later: Timeskip!

Bardock grunted in pain as Kakarot rammed his fist into Bardock's stomach. He was getting fast. Really fast. He was always chasing his idea of "mastered self-movement" to be as fast as lightning while being as calm as a summer pond. Bardock didn't understand the simile, but hell, the boy wanted to get faster and stronger, so who's he to stop him? At this rate, Goku would overtake him within a few years. And that thought excited Bardock immensely. 'Oh you best prepare, Frieza. He's gunning for you. He just doesn't know it yet.'

6 months later: Timeskip!

"Ha!" Goku crowd as he fired two blue beams simultaneously. One from his hands as per usual, but one from his feet as well. Bardock would've been shocked, but he was too busy trying to dodge the ki beams. Goku was growing more powerful with every passing day. It was almost ridiculous. Kami had to take breather.
"Ha...ha...King Kai above, how strong can you get?" He wheezed. Goku just chuckled and shrugged a response.

2 months and 29 days later- Timeskip!

"Well. Thanks for everything, Kami." The now 18 year old Goku bowed to the aged namekian before turning to his father. His father had tried(and failed) to grow a beard in the three years, and all he had accomplished amounted to little more then a five o clock shadow. He walked to the end of The Lookout. He looked back and called out to Kami.
"Hey Kami! Don't bother with your plan! And watch out for the other rascals!" And with that, the 57~ something saiyan plunged off the lookout. Goku watched his father fall.
"You know, I still don't understand him. Oh well. Be seeing you later Kami!" Goku waved with a big grin. He then stepped off The Lookout. He landed in the Land of Korin, right next to his father. He was already stretching.
"Ready for round two?" Bardock grunted.
Goku entered a sprinter's stance and grinned.
"Another race to the Tenkaichi Budokai? Of course I'm ready." And the two saiyans were off, the clouds of dust in their wake a testament to their growing power.

Power levels:

Bardock- 12,622
Bardock (1 year later)- 12,630
Bardock (2 years later)- 12,643
Bardock (3 years later)- 12,650
Goku- 752
Goku (1 year later)- 770
Goku (2 years later)- 800
Goku (3 years later)- 840
Kami- 220
Kami (3 years later)- 250
Mr. Popo- 1,030
Mr. Popo (3 years later)- 1,060