Chapter 39: Rematch

The sun had only just rose, and yet they were already at it.
Kakarot leaped at the cat, who narrowly dodged. Compared to the "always two steps ahead" from yesterday, now he was only a fraction of a step. Korin jumped into the air, away from his small opponent. Goku pursued, throwing punches that trimmed the cat's fur. Then, the unexpected final attack: Kakarot began to tickle Korin's unguarded stomach.
"NYAHAHAHA!!" His laughter caused his grip to loosen. His cane sailed over the edge of the tower, the flask still attached. Korin cried out in shock, but was even more shocked when Goku went sailing over the edge after it.
"Hehe! I got it!" A chuckle came from off the side. Bardock took a breathe in amazement. Goku had used his tail and latched on to the railing on the tower, and caught the cane. He flipped himself back onto the railing.
"So...I can drink it?" Goku asked the exhausted Korin, who nodded in response. Goku gulped it all down. Then he waited a second.
"I don't really feel any different."
"Well duh. It's just water."
"Huh? You tricked me?"
"Not at all. Think about how much stronger you've become just by getting this water."
Kakarot appeared deep in thought, before laughing.
"Wow! Thank you Master Korin! Bye-Bye!"
And with that, Goku began to sprint down the tower.
"Nyahaha! Your boy really is something, ain't he! Nyahaha! Come back again some time!" Bardock groaned and took off after his son.
Hm? A power level? Approaching fast? No, it couldn't be-
There he was.
"Stay out of this dad. This time, he doesn't stand a chance. Kakarot called, shielding Upa.
"Hoho. So you've come out of hiding, boy. I'll admit, I'm surprised you managed to survive not just one, but three dodan rays."
"Heh. Hiding my butt. More like preparing to kick yours!" Bardock would've face palmed were the circumstances less dire.
"Well well. Has your confidence swelled this much in three short days? Tell you what, boy. I'll kill you in three seconds flat." Taopaipai sprinted at Goku, who threw himself to the floor, dodging under the attack. Then he kicked with both legs into his stomach, sending him skyward. He then jumped after his now sailing opponent, and kicked him back to the ground.
He landed, ready to keep going.
"Pretty sure your three seconds are up."
'Kami, is he still holding back?! Almost feel bad for- Wait, no I don't.'
"How-how could your strength increase this drastically in a mere three days?!"
"Ah come on. Make me try a little!"
"You detestable little shit! That's it, I'm not holding back any longer!" The assassin sprinted back at the young saiyan, only to have his every move countered. Even when it appeared that Tao got a hit in, it was soon revealed that Kakarot purposely took the attack in order to retaliate. After a particularly powerful blow to the back of the head, Tao pulled himself out of the dirt and ripped his shirt off.
"Dammit! Getting so sure of yourself, all because I decided to go easy on you."
"Hey, you're the one who said he wasn't holding back anymore!"
"DIE! DODAN RAY!" There it was. The attack that had brought Goku to the doorstep of King Yemma. Kakarot smiled.
"Sorry, That won't work again. "And closed his fist around the beam, cutting it off. Taopaipai was in shock.
"Ho-how"
"I told you. Only works once."
The paid killer snorted and reached into his back pocket. He pulled out a capsule, and from it came a sword. He rushed at Kakarot, who dove under him, hitting a vital area with his leg, before hopping up and snapping the sword with his hands.
"I don't need a weapon. Come on, let's settle this with our fists. It's the only way I'll calm down right now." Bardock was in awe. What a saiyan thing to say! He was so proud!
Taopaipai responded by launching into a flurry, each blow landed on the young fighter. Then he jumped into the air, smashing his knee into Goku's chest upon landing. He stood up and began walking away.
"Kehehe! Now you understand-" Taopaipai was cut off by a young voice behind him.
"Hm. You are pretty strong. That kinda hurt. But now you're outta luck. It's my turn." Goku slammed his fist into the older opponent's gut, then bounced off the ground with his tail and throat chopped him with both hands before kicking him in the head, sending him flying. As he slowly rose to his feet, Goku assumed a new fighting stance.
"Cmon. I'm getting bored." Taopaipai fell to the floor once more.
"Please! Forgive me! I'll never do bad again!" Goku looked at his downed opponent. He glanced to his father, who shook his head no. When he looked back to the assassin, he had reached into his pocket and thrown something.
"You fell for it fool! Now di-" Goku grabbed the capsule out the air and hurled it directly into the assassin's face. The explosion was blinding. When the light faded and the smoke dispersed, the assassin was no more.
"Hm. Darn. Wanted to fight him again someday. Oh well. We'll be right back Upa! Let's go get the rest of the dragonballs dad!"
Kakarot pulled out the radar and clicked it.
"Oh wow. Two in one place. Guess that means it's the ted river guys." Goku said it with such a straight face it was hard not to chuckle.
"Do-do you mean Red Ribbon?" Bardock asked, wheezing internally.
"Oh yeah! That's it! Let's go! FLYING NIMBUS!" And with that, the two saiyans were off. Flying full speed, Bardock could've sworn he saw a big bug zoom past the both of them, but that'd be impossible, right? To be faster than his son on a magic cloud? As if.

Power levels:
Bardock(post training): 12,545
Goku(post training and fight): 360
Upa: 1
Taopaipai: 300
Korin: 190