Chapter 19

All Grown Up, Chapter 19

Mia's POV:
While we were standing outside of the pizzeria waiting for Marcel I began to shiver. Luke walked up to me and wrapped me up in his chest. Ahh, I could smell his cologne and I was immediately warmed up from his body heat. "I just texted him and he said he was about 3 minutes away so not much longer." Luke assured me.

We would wait inside the pizzeria but it was so crowded with hungry people that you could barely move. It would probably be really warm in there but it would be really uncomfortable so we decided to wait on the bench out front.

"You know it's supposed to snow a lot next week. Maybe we will get a snow day!" I said happily. Luke smiled.

"Then we could go tubing at Perfect North and we can drink hot chocolate. That sounds so much better than school." He said.

"Yeah I'm so excited for Christmas! It's my favorite time of the year." I exclaimed. "What do you want for Christmas?" Luke asked. He is so sweet.

"Luke, you don't have to get me anything." I whined.

"I didn't say I was." Luke replied bluntly. Well then. I just sat there with a blank face.

"Mia, I was kidding, of course I am getting you something." Luke laughed. "You should have seen your face!" He continued. I smacked him on the arm cracking a smile myself. "But seriously. What do you want? I'm getting you something no matter what so don't answer with 'I don't know' or 'I don't care' because I know there is something that you want." Luke was very persistent.

"Fine." I huffed and thought about cheap, simple gifts he could get me. "Some earrings, or maybe a bracelet or something, I don't know." I answered truthfully. I really didn't know what I wanted yet.

"Okay, don't worry, I will find you the perfect gift that you will love forever." He smiled and I returned it. Marcel pulled up and we both got in the backseat.

"Luke, I'm capable of sitting in the backseat alone." I rolled my eyes.

"I know, but the seats are leather and it's cold so I'm going to keep you warm on the way home." He replied. I was suddenly not complaining anymore. I pulled out my phone to text my dad that Marcel had picked us up.

The drive home was quick and I didn't have a problem with being cold because of Luke. When we got to his house I greeted Brooke with a hug. "How are you?" I asked politely. She answered good and returned the favor.

"Mom, is Charlotte here?" Luke questioned. Oh, yeah, I forgot about her being here.

"Yes, the little girls are down in the playroom." She answered. Luke grabbed my hand and we walked down the steps to see what our sisters were up to.

Charlotte and Darcy were playing dolls at their huge doll house. They both gave us hugs and went back to play.

Luke and I walked further down in the basement. Luke opened up the door to the dance room. The dance room had a wall full of mirrors and huge stereos on the walls. "I want to teach you some dances!" I squealed while going to put my phone on the dock. I was on a dance team during the summer and I loved it.

"I better not be learning a lyrical or contemporary dance." Luke groaned.

"Nah, I'll teach you some hip hop." I smirked. I turned on the song Wild Life by Jack and Jack. "Okay, watch me do it once and then I'll teach you some of the moves. I pressed play on the song and got in my position for Jack Johnson's rap.

When the words started I started my fast pace dancing. The entire song was a fast pace dance with a lot of hard steps. At the very end I did a back handspring. Luke was looking at me with his jaw dropped.