/9/ The Sleeping King

Start from the beginning

Finnix.

Mukhang wala na naman siya sa mood. Nagsalita ako para sagutin ang tanong ng babae.

"If you are curious about my signus, well I don't have one. But I have this!" at kinuha ko ang dagger mula sa aking balikat at itinaas ko ito para makita nila.

Napatigil naman si Finnix nang makita ang hawak kong dagger, it was the same type of dagger that wounded his face. A tragic history between him and my dagger.

I smirked at him and his expression says he got pissed.

One point for me!

Dumirestso sa kinaroroonan ko si Finnix. Akala ko ay susugurin niya ako but he stood just near me.

Tumalikod ako upang tingnan ang upuan saglit. Nakita kong may marka ng apoy ang upuang inuupuan ko. So kaniya pala ang upuan na ito. And he wants me to move.

Ngunit hindi ako nagpatinag. Pinaningkitan ko siya ng mata na pinapahiwatig na kapag pinaalis mo ako dito, sasabihin ko ang nangyaring labanan natin kung saan nasugatan kita sa pisngi.

I just learned yesterday from Crystal that Finnix cared the most for his reputation. I can use this to backstab him.

I gave him an evil smile.

Wala naman siyang nagawa kundi maghanap ng bagong upuan.

I heard my classmates reaction for his actions.

Yes, that's right. I got the upper hand.

Nakahanap naman siya ng upuan katabi ko but before he sits, "How about your rank, Ms. Flixtov?" tanong ni Finnix na ni-emphasize pa ang apelyido ko.

"D-Rank," I simply answered at umupo na.

Nanlaki ang mata niya na parang hindi makapaniwala sa kaniyang narinig. Maybe he is thinking how I could fight him with my rank.

The curiousity in my classmates' eyes faded as long as they knew my rank. This was what I had expected. I live in this world where they will judge you based on your strength. Nawalan na sila ng pake nang sinabi kong I am D-ranked.

Good thing tho!

"Okay enough with that. Thanks Ms. Flixtov for the short introduction," he displayed a sweet smile.

Is it his hobby to call someone in full name? Tss. What a lame professor.

He did not even introduce himself back. He has a name tag which let me know his surname, "Prof. Illias." Nice surname, tho.

"Today, we are going to talk about The Legend of The Sleeping King," pagsisimula ni Professor Illias.

Aren't legends usually being taught in literature classes?

"But first, may I ask what you know about legends?" tumaas ang kilay niya which was a sign that he is expecting for someone to answer and as he expected, a girl raised her hand.

"Yes Ms. Hydra Aqua?"

"Legends are stories which can be a product of imagination or history or a combination which people of the present rely on as part of their beliefs."

"Brief but nice definition. I bet that was your own definition Ms. Hydra Aqua," Professor Illias complimented.

"The Legend of The Sleeping King," I mouthed. This will be more of a story telling than a lecture, I guess.

"Archania was once ruled by only one king. No other kingdom had existed on that time. The king who was ruling was signusless. He only relies on physical power and his sword and his body has reached the physique of a SS-rank. But he was the strongest of that era. For his power, he was hailed as a king. As a king, it was his responsibility to protect the Archania from dark forces and from traitors. But he thought his power was still not enough to protect the kingdom so he did everything to make himslef even stronger and faster. He even imagined what it was like to have a signus. An unknown man suggested a ritual where he could have a signus and it needs souls of every clan. Each of the clans thinking of the advantage and protection that the king offers, they gave sacrifices: a fresh living flesh and soul. The ritual happened as what was planned. But before it started, an odd ingredient was introduced. A heart that was still beating was required to be eaten first by the subject of the ritual. So the king who has the greed for power did eat the beating heart," my classmates gasped and some even showed signs of being grossed.