Chapter 34 ~Being a Cowell~

Danielle's PoV

Become a Cowell? Was he asking to adopt me?

I glanced at my mom's face again and made my decision.

"Yes," I told him. He was the only option I had. If I wanted a close to happy life.

"Lets go. I owe you so much. Going trough all of this to try and help Emma."

"Don't remind me," I sniffled.

"Alright, I'll try not to. You might want to pack. If they see the murder, you probably won't get your things back."

I nodded only, standing up. I will get my revenge, Sophie. I will and it won't be pretty.

The note in my hands was already crumpled, and as I walked to my room, I opened it again, straightened it out and then folded it neatly.

I was so mad at the world. Why did all of this have to happen to me? I'm the unlucky one. London had completely changed me, and I wasn't denying it. I've become a whole different person, I can hardly stand it.

I liked when I did things without knowing people judged me. Now I feel like I can't do anything without people judging me. And if I were some certain piece of clothing, people will make fun of me. It's like all my freedom has been ripped away from me, just because of six stupid boys.

I packed every thing I could. I wanted to keep everything, not just let it be examined or left alone to rot in this house or at a dumpster. They all mean at least some small thing to me.

Like just a blanket had a story behind it. Emma and I had once had fun with it, used it to build a fort with other blankets and pillows. It gave me great memories, but still with Emma in them, making them the worst memories.

It was almost eight at night when I finished, Simon wasn't anywhere to be seen, but he did leave a Post-It note in the entrance hallway.

Gone to use magic to fill in papers. I'll be back at around 8:30ish.

-Simon

It was soon 8:30, so I walked back to the scene of the crime. After taking several pictures, I sat down next to my mom and cried.

If you looked deep into all of this, it was all my fault. I was the one who had said they were weak, resulting in them having much more harder consequences, ending up in Emma dying. And if I hadn't helped us out in time, then neither my mom or Emma would be dead right now, and we would probably be having a great time now. '

But sadly, I just had to be slow. Everyone always wishes that they could turn back time. But even the Magic Realm isn't capable of that. I think. Although, if I did turn back time, I would've never gotten the vital lesson I've learned.

Never be too slow.

***

"Hey, to cheer you up, do you want to come with me to work?" my dad asked me. It was hard to remember that Simon was now my dad. Something that was both good and bad. Rich, but stalked. Fun, but still judged.

"Sure," I said glumly, sliding my food around with the fork.

"Danielle, I know Emma's gone, and so is your mother, but you need to move on. You can't just stay moping around, you need to have a future." That's so close to what Emma said.

"You're right. I'll stop being so glum," I said, standing up and leaving my breakfast on the kitchen counter. I planned on eating it later, if I was ever in the mood.

"Great, I'm leaving at eight. You've got thirty minutes on you," he said, checking his wristwatch.

I walked into my room, which was quite small, it wasn't really a room anyways. I had only been here for a week, so I so far only had a mattress on the floor with some blankets in a small storage room. My real room was getting furnished, painted and such.