Chapter 5 ~Dissections~

Emma's POV

I walked into the classroom with Dani sticking close behind. Couldn't she just leave me alone? Trying to help we would be worse than bullying me. Honestly.

I took a seat at an empty table, and anyone near glared at me. I heard someone sit next to me. Dani, no doubt.

"Why are you sitting here?" I asked her.

"Because I want to."

"Go sit with someone else. Please," I groaned as everyone looked at the scene. Murmurs started to get louder as everyone was spreading rumors about us. Thanks so much, Dani.

Everyone quited down as soon as the teacher walked in.

"As you know, today we will be doing cow eye dissections to learn about the eye. And you also know that for these two weeks, we will be working with the students in the eleventh year. And here comes the class now." The door opened, and in walked another teacher with several other students. I really regret asking to skip two years. I only did it when I was younger, when I used to be friends with Harry, Liam, Zain and Louis. I wanted to be in the same grade with at least one of them, and since I was smart, I was actually able to skip two years and be with Harry, but I completely regret it now.

As the teachers talked about what we were going to do for the next two weeks and gave us papers, I prayed that I would be with someone who didn't do much to me.

"Now the pairs will be William and Louise, Roy and Stella, Alexander and Andre, Brittany and Delphine, Ruby and Maria, Kylie and Zach, Molly and Rocky, Melissa and Henry, Patrick and Robby, Melissa and Kate, Lily and Andrew, Thomas and Sean, Nathan and Damien, Tiffany and Betty, Danielle and Liam and since we have an odd number, Zain, Harry and Emma. Please go and sit with your partners," the teacher said. No. She can't do this. Why does my life hate me so much?!

I looked at where Zain and Harry were sitting, and Harry motioned for me to come. Of course they're too lazy to get up themselves and come here.

I went over to Zain and Harry and sat next to them.

"I'm surprised that your ugly self was able to get a new friend," Zain whispered to me.

"She's not my friend," I said through gritted teeth.

"Hey, where were you yesterday?" Harry asked me. Yeah, like he would need to ask. I ignored him and tried to focus on what the teacher was talking about. TRIED.

"Wh*re," Harry whispered into my ear. I sucked in a breath.

"B*tch," he said, this time a little louder.

"Styles, please stop talking," our teacher said.

Harry immedietaly stopped whispering things but maybe the teacher shouldn't have done that. Because now, the pain I was getting was physical. Underneath the table, Harry was punching me in the stomach and stepping on my feet. It was everything just to make sure I didn't make any noise.

He finally stopped when the teacher came around and gave us trays, some dissection instruments and then a cow's eye, staring right at me, lifeless. I shuddered.

"Listen," Zain said harshly. "You do the work, or you're really getting it today, understood?" I nodded, having nothing to do against it.

I looked at the eye and then looked at the sharp utensils we were supposed to use. I bit my lip as I picked up the knife and slowly sliced the eye in half.

"B*tch, what takes you so long?" Harry asked as I suddenly felt a stinging feeling on my cheek. I looked at the now half eye and shuddered again. This is going to be a long two weeks.