Chapter 4 ~Sticking Up~

Emma's PoV

I stepped through the entrance to the school, knowing that I'd be the number one thing everyone would be talking about.

The first step I took in, all heads looked at me. My cheeks burned red with embarrassment and I continued on walking, trying to pretend like they didn't exist, but that was almost impossible.

"Wh*re!"

"Slūt!"

"Attention wh*re!" were only some of the things I heard. Why couldn't they just leave me alone?! I did nothing wrong!

I reached my locker and slowly did the combination. A shadow fell across my locker as someone leaned on the locker next to me.

"What was that all about?" a familiar voice asked. The mystery girl.

I looked at her, taking her appearance in. She was stunning! I wouldn't be surprised if she would be joining the populars soon.

"Nothing," I replied, getting my things and slamming my locker shut. I turned around to walk away, but ended up meeting Betty and her gang.

"Why did you f*cking r*pe my boyfriend yesterday?!" she screeched in an ear-splitting voice.

"I didn't," I replied weakly, my voice coming out as a whisper.

"Wow, everyone this is Emma the liar!" Betty laughed.

"I'm not lying!" I whined. Please just stop!

"Stop whining, you little baby. Whining gets you nowhere in life. But I think you're already going nowhere in the condition you're in," Betty laughed.

"Up top, Betty!" Meygan laughed.

I huffed out in anger. But no one ever listened to me, so why should I give a long speech about how mad I was? It was useless. No one ever listens to me, no one ever cares about me and no o-

"Leave her the f*ck alone!" someone yelled. I looked at where the voice was coming from. The mystery girl.

"Why should I? You al- wait, you're new. Chloe, explain to her," Betty ordered her.

"No, I don't need some stupid explaining! I know what's going on. And what needs to happen is that you leave Emma alone!" I was so embarrassed at the moment. No one ever sticks up for me, so this girl shouldn't need to. I was fine without her. It would be the same if she did it or not.

"You do know that if you side with Emma, they'll get to you, right?" Chloe asked.

"Yeah, I know. But I don't give a f*ck! So just leave Emma alone."

"You can't stop us."

Suddenly, the three of them were on the floor, groaning in pain.

"Yes I can."

The new girl turned around and looked at me.

"Biology's you're first period? So is mine. Lets go."

"Uh... umm."

I was suddenly dragged closer to her and she pulled me away.

"Well, thanks for the save. Have fun with them..."

"Danielle. But call me Dani. And yeah, no problem. You deserved it."

"Well bye then, have fun," I said as I began walking away from her.

"What are you talking about?"

"Well, aren't you going to go join them now?"

"What? No! Never! I know you need a hand, so I'll be right beside you all the time."

"Don't know how long that will last," I muttered under my breath.