Chapter 8 ~Illusion~

Emma's PoV

"Please, why can't I stay?" I begged my "parents".

"Because Mia's taking over your room and we don't have anymore space for you. You're a waste of space anyways," my "mum" laughed.

My heart sunk, deeper and deeper with every word they said to me. How could they just disown me like that?! They gave birth to me!

"But I could sleep on the couch or I-"

"Why don't you understand that we don't want you Emma," my "dad" said.

"Yeah, looks pretty ugly to me," Mia agreed.

Tears formed in my eyes, threatening to fall out with any more pain. I didn't want to leave. This had to be some sort of sick joke! This couldn't be possible.

"But please!" I tried again.

"Hurry up, we're bringing you to the orphanage in three hours, pack your things," my "dad" said, tapping his wrist watch.

I pushed passed the three of them, tears flowing down my cheeks in a constant pace. They were never going to stop falling. They just kept going, even if one couldn't see them.

I ran upstairs and into my room, locking it. No, my old room. I had lived here for 13 and a half years, leaving it now... I couldn't. No, there has to be some other way.

But there isn't! Or is there?

I could run away. Yes, run away from everything. Never have to worry about anyone beating me up after school, never have to worry about anyone judging me and never have to even worry about family business. I could live on my own.

My decision is made. I'm running away. Good bye, horrible life in London. I hope to never ever see you again.

***

I managed to fit all my vital things in just one ruck sack and a small purse that I found in my room. Everything else, Mia could have it or it was in the trash. I was saying goodbye to my life, it's about time I start fresh.

Make a new start, where out there somewhere, the boys bully someone else and my parents could have the life they wanted. I wanted to make them happy. Even if they didn't deserve it. I just was that kind of person. I wanted to help everyone, even if I couldn't.

A single tear rolled down my cheek and stopped at my chin, waiting for the precise moment to fall off. I looked out my window, my ticket out of here.

It's time, I told myself. This dead town is only here just to push me down. So now I'm getting out. I slowly walked towards the window, almost as if a force were pulling me back, wanting me to stay, but I was fighting it now.

I still had 30 minutes before my "parents" would come in here and discover I was gone. I could fit in one last thing.

I took a stub of a pencil which I left on my old desk and took a almost blank paper from the trash bin.

Dear Mum and Dad,

Enjoy your improved life. Goodbye forever.

With unwanted love,

Emma

I placed the note on the desk and looked at it one last time.

"Goodbye," I whispered before running to the window and jumping out.

It was only a one story jump, not so much, and I landed well, only a small stinging feeling in my achilles tendon.

I immediately took off running from the house, wanting to never see it again. My nightmares lie there, the ending of my old life. My new life has just started, fresh as day.