Chapter 49 - Trouble In Paradise

Start from the beginning

He nodded absent-mindedly, "Of course!"

I walked to the shop, the air conditioner that was on felt really nice on my heated skin. I headed to the cool drink section and decided on a peach flavoured water. I took it to the till and paid for my drink and headed back out to meet my husband at the place where we had agreed to meet at.

I went to where our towels were and I saw they were neatly packed away in the mini bag we had brought along from the hotel. I sighed when I saw that Brandon was, indeed, no where to be found. I walked around a bit and was not surprised to see him talking with the super model girl he had claimed to know.

I watched from afar and was very shocked when she jumped on him and gave him a hug, that literally choked him. My eyebrows furrowed when I saw him hug her back just as enthusiastically.

I stormed over to them intending to give both of them a piece of my mind. I tapped Brandon on his shoulder and he dropped super model chic on the floor, gently. Finally.

"Hey Ashley," He greeted.

"Who's this Brandon?" Super model asked.

"This is Ashley," He said, "And Ashley this is my ex girlfriend, Stacey Hillbrow." He introduced.

"Lovely to meet you Stacey but Brandon and I have to head out. We need to feed the... cat!" I said.

"We don't have a cat," Brandon laughed.

"You're right, I meant the dog." I gritted my teeth before I grabbed his arm and walked to the direction of our rental car, fuming.

"We don't have a dog either," Brandon so kindly informed me with another chuckle.

"Shut up!" I said.

"I'm sorry, what?" He said.

"You didn't even introduced me as your wife and you called me Ashley!" I hissed.

"That's your name, is it not?" He asked.

"You always call me Ashy!" I insisted rolling my eyes.

"Right." He said and got in the drivers seating leaving me to load the stuff we had brought with us to the beach.

"Jerk." I muttered under my breath as I shoved them in the boot and got in the passenger seat.

"Ready to leave?" He asked.

I just ignored him.

"Don't tell me you're jealous!" He said as he geared the car into drive.

I rolled my eyes but kept quiet ignoring him as he reversed out our parking space.

"Ashley? Love? Ashley?" He tried and I stayed silent.

"Why are you ignoring me?" Brandon asked.

I remained silent, refusing to make eye contact. He drove to the hotel we were staying in, it wasn't a long drive since the hotel was quite close to the beach.

"Okay. I see what you're doing here. You're giving me the silent treatment. I can live with that." Brandon said and parked the car in our hotel designated parking space, and left me alone in the car.

I sighed and got out before I headed to the elevator. I greeted the receptionist on the way up.

When I reached the room I saw Brandon texting someone as he lay on the bed.

"You came?" Brandon said looking surprised, as he continued to text.

I scoffed and decided to carry on with the silent treatment. I went and took a refreshing shower to remove all the salt water from the sea off my body. I allowed the freezing cold water to drench my hair as I soaped it with strawberry scented shampoo followed by conditioner to improve the condition of my hair.

I got out the cool shower and slid into white short shorts and yellow crop top before brushing my wet locks and heading out the bathroom. I found Brandon dressed in tennis attire, a racket - from who knows where - was in his hand as he smiled at the cell phone screen.

"Ah! There you are!" He grinned, "Stace and I are heading to the tennis court to play a match. Would you care to accompany me?" He asked me happily.

I was tempted to just say no but I didn't want Stacey to try something on him. It wasn't that I didn't trust Brandon, I just didn't trust this mysterious Stacey that showed up from nowhere with him. Who knows if she tried something?

"I'll come." I finally chose.

"And she speaks!" He said throwing his hands up in the air.

I brushed my hair once again before I began to apply a coat of black mascara. I heard Brandon sigh but I just ignored him.

"Hurry up! I promised Stace that I would be at the court like thirty minutes ago!" He hissed impatiently.

"She can wait." I said shrugging my shoulders fixing my eyeshadow.

"Ashley! Hurry! Please!" He practically begged his hand already on the door knob, ready to exit the room.

I rolled my eyes, "Let's go. I don't want to keep your girlfriend waiting," I spat.

"She isn't my girlfriend besides, jealousy doesn't suit you, Ashy." He teased.

"I am not jealous." I huffed.

"Your behaviour towards Stace tells me otherwise."

"Yeah 'your behaviour towards Stace tells me otherwise.'" I mocked him using a high falsetto.

"Whatever." He groaned, "I can't have a conversation with you when you are like this." He responded slamming the door behind him shut.

I followed behind him amd we made our way to the court. Stacey and the man - her model friend - was there waiting for us. She flashed me a smile which I didn't bother returning.

I rolled my eyes when she launched herself at Brandon and threw her arms around him.

"Brandy!" She squealed as they pulled apart, "Are you ready to lose?" She challenged.

Brandon shook his head, "Prepare yourself to lose."

Stacey rolled her eyes, "Hawthorne men are so full of themselves!"

"I guess you would know," I grumbled but she heard me.

"He was way worse back in high school." Stacey said dragging out the word 'way' way too long for my liking.

"Was he now?" I asked her stiffly.

She nodded giggling, "He was. He was also so possessive! He would threaten every single boy that looked in my direction." She added as she skipped her way to the other side of the court.

"Ashley it's you, only you." Brandon said to me.

"I know." I said stiffly.

I couldn't help compare her silky blonde hair to my own hair. Her shiny bright blue eyes to my hazel ones. Her slim, perfect and curvy figure to my one. I'm not completely a block but that doesn't mean I was half as curvy as she was.

"Don't you dare!" Brandon said as he jogged over to me. I was sitting on the bleachers by his side of the court.

"What?"

"Don't compare yourself to her. You guys will never ever be on the same level."

"I'm aware she will be on the higher level. She's absolutely beautiful."

"I love you the way you are. I happen to have a thing for brunettes only." He winked.

"I was a blondie once," I pouted.

"Thank heavens you decided to go back to your original hair colour. The brown brings out the beauty in your ever changing eyes. Not that the blonde didn't suit you. You look absolutely beautiful no matter what you do!" He said and placed a soft kiss on my lips and then... he was gone.