Chapter Five

Kane was barely able to get another cough out before another fist plowed into the side of his face! Making the already existing bruise worse while shooting blood across the wall. Kane felt his vision blur. His face ached followed by blood dripping down his nose. Kane then blinked out of his thoughts, noticing after the third punch the solider had stopped. As he painfully brought his eyes up he saw a hand placed on the attacker's shoulder. He soon found his head to be very heavy and found it soon slumping back down. "That's enough corporal. You got your three hits in. Now let the prisoner be." The other voice ordered. Hearing two sets of footsteps walk away from Kane, he felt his tired eyes close...

______________________________________

"We should kill him now." A voice growled. It was faint, but kane was able to hear it. Even on the other side of the transports thick doors. His head was spinning, aching. From both the physical pain and the fact he was suddenly a wanted criminal. His emotional distress has hardly calmed since he was ambushed by those soldiers. And after surviving two firefights, the last thing kane wanted to do was stay awake. Let alone think. However, he forced his head up anyway.

The first thing he noticed was how tight the space was. It was as if he invited four armed guards to his bedroom. Though more of a tight rectangle. Two of the guards were stationed on each side of kane. The other two sat across from him. Not a word was said. Just silence and the light rumble of the road.

The argument behind doors continued. It was quieter this time. Kane noticed he was unable to listen this time as it was far too muffled for him to understand. Not that it mattered, he could guess it was probably about him. The door then suddenly opened. Making kane jump a little in his seat.

A lykoi stepped out. Her helmet in her hand as she stomped towards kane. Without any indication of a warning, she swooped her hand in to clutch his face. Forcing it to face the door. "This criminal must be dealt with now!" She snarled. Her grip tightening. Kane groaned in pain. Even with gloves on, kane could feel the rather sharp pain of her claws on her grip.

Coming out of the door was an anvol. The screen of his rectangular face projecting a grim expression. "I understand your pain corporal but we have strict orders to bring him in alive if possible. Thanks to you, we were able to do just that." He reminded. Walking up to her to remove her hand off kane's face. "Now take a seat, we should be back to the nearest union facility soon." He said walking back to the front of the transport, closing the door behind him.

She mumbled something kane couldn't exactly catch before slumping down across from him. Her arms crossed with her eyes narrowing down at kane. Which made him straighten his back. Was it cause he was frightened of her? Most likely, but it felt like an instinct to do so. She huffed at the sight of him, the human criminal has been nothing but a clear danger to both the squad and her. To think that someone that was able to assist that rebel trash was able to live on such a loyal world to the U.G.G practically disgusted the lykoi solider.

"W-where's helix?" He whimpered softly.

Kane's eyes showed nothing but pain and exhaustion. The lykoi's ears only flicked lightly the sound of his voice. "You mean that anvol cybel?" She asked with a sneer, "Why? Do you miss your pile of trash?" She spat. Enjoying the glare she received. A grin soon widened on her face. "Oh, we have him. I'm sure he'll make a wonderful set of trays once we are done here." She continued.

"Don't you lay a hand on helix!!!" He suddenly boomed. Attempting to stand up, making the lykoi flinch. The guards on each side took hold kane's arms, keeping their weapons close. "Remain in your seat prisoner." One of the guards started. "This is your only warning." Kane could tell he was dead serious and didn't want to take his chances. So, he did as he was told and took his seat. The lykoi pinned her ears back. Keeping her eyes off of kane as she scoffed. Hating that she actually was intimated by the prisoner.