Chapter One

It was after the late nights that hit Kane the hardest. His dry, sore eyes soon forced themselves open. It was within a few seconds his eyes were suddenly blinded by the shining cyan lights above his bunk. "Ah-" He grunted clamping his eyes shut, trying to use a hand to rub them. Keeping them closed, kane then sat up. His head staying down, he reopened his eyes. Letting them adjust more comfortably at the floor. A few moments passed when he heard the electronic sounds of his companion soon booting up.

"Morning Helix."

The little sphere shaped bot soon floated down. The little screen that was his "face" was blank. Though after is landed on his owners shoulders. A little smiley face " :) " appeared on the screen. Which kane couldn't help but give a little a chuckle to. "Its good to see you to buddy." Standing up, kane ignored the tingling under his feet as they landed on the cool metal floor, since he was more then used to it.

Spitting the toothpaste out of his mouth, he finished his normal morning routine. Little helix being there to over-watch, as per usual. After a quick check in the mirror, kane shrugged at the short mess of his hair. "Good enough for me." He said before turning to leave the bathroom. Though he was halted by helix, who didn't think twice before showing a angry face " >:( " on his screen. "What?" Kane asked, raising a brow at being suddenly stopped. To which helix responded by baping his forehead. "H-hey!" Helix then floated down back to his eye level. The image changing, this time showing a sad face " :( " . Then played a little animation of a tear rolling down the little face. Now he's just being dramatic. "Okie! I'll comb it!" Kane then conceded turning back to the mirror and after taking his comb, which was waiting patiently by the toothbrush he began to softly comb his hair. While doing so, helix soon swooped in to nuzzle kanes cheek easily breaking the originally annoyed look on his face. As felt the almost soft touch as his little buddy nuzzled him another chuckle escaped from kane. "Alright alright. I love ya too bud."

It wasn't long before kane made his way to the bridge with a nice hot cup of coffee in his hand, soon seeing they were still in hyperspace. The muffled hum of the engines doing there work. Auto pilot doing its job while the consoles along the bridge were bright with life. The screens flashing, showing off the status of different functions within the ship while the room echoed with the sounds of computing. Taking a seat in his chair, he observed his bridge. Even thought it was rather small and he had no crew to his name, well except for helix of course. He smiled, enjoying the surprising amount of speed coming from his basic AI installed on his ship. "Heh, guess waiting for you to go on sale really paid off." Kane mumbled to himself taking a sip of his coffee before picking up the small data pad resting on the chairs armrest. With the quick press of the power button, the hologram soon projected on the pad. Showing the inventory list of the cargo he was carrying. Nothing too special, just some supplies for one the outer colonies. Gwars, Kane read on the address on the file. "Not the first time we've been to this little planet huh helix?" He asked, though not actually expecting an answer as he saw helix on his shoulder display a winky face " ;) ". Kane was about to enjoy another drink of his coffee but stopped himself when felt the ship slow down. He held the top of his cup to avoid splashing, not worrying if any landed on his hand since it wouldn't be the first time and probably not the last. The ship vibrated lightly for a few seconds before the planet zoomed into view! His eyes widened. "Whoa! A little close don't you think?" He asked, looking up as if he was expecting the ship to reply. Hearing a beep from his holo-watch. It was a message from the ship board AI, though it was named Gwen. He opened it.

My bad, a minor miscalculation. It read.

With a light sigh, he placed the data pad down and rubbed his forehead. "It's alright, we didn't crash into the damn place." He then heard the beep on the communication console. The flashing red light indicating it was urgent. Probably the Union's station wondering why the hell stopped so close to the planet. Without wasting another second he answered the call. The screen soon showed a Union officer who began to speak the moment the connection was secure. "This is the union station orbiting over the outsiders colony of Gwars. Identify yourself and your sudden business here." He ordered. His face seeming more...stern at the sight of kane. Another beep came from his watch. Quickly darting his eyes down to read, he noticed it was another message from gwen.