Chapter Three

It was chaos outside his door.  

Screams soon filled the apartment after delayed alarms kicked in within the complex. Easily muting the foot steps that were probably still pushing their way to kane's position. Though after a quick realization, he decided to use this moment to search for helix. Since there was no way in hell kane plans on leaving without him. With his eyes darting away from the door, his search began. After a quick look around the kitchen, which is where he was holed up to begin with. The only thing accompanying him was the corpses of the fallen soldiers. Standing up, he thanked himself for being close the closet. He made his way cautiously to avoid stepping on any glass or scorched marks littered along the floor. With a little leap over a rather large burn on his floor. He quickly flung the closet door open and shoved his shoes on. Now at least feeling slightly more safe, he carefully stumbles his way to the living area. Half tripping over one of the bodies to quickly grab one of the couches arms for support. There was a handful of crunches under his shoes as held on before regaining his balance. After that he didn't wait another second before scanning his eyes around the shattered mess that was his living room. What was left of the tv splayed in chunks along the crushed coffee table. While his couch was riddled with the burns marks from the plasma. He didn't even want to noticed the...leftovers that laid scattered on the floor. However, through it all he soon spotted helix! He was pinned under one of the dead soldiers arms. "Helix! You alright?" He asked, almost out of instinct. Pushing himself from the arm before kneeling down by the corpse. Hesitant at first, kane took in a swallow before lifting the soldiers arm up. 

I swear if you move... 

A sigh of relief was released as kane felt no tension from the arm. With his other hand he scooped helix from the floor and held him gently in his arm. Back on his feet kane began to quickly inspect helix. The weapon only seemed to have forced helix to shut down. No actual damage was done to him. 

The screams soon began to die down, leaving kane with the blaring alarms and the possible silenced footsteps. If kane was lucky whoever was coming was forced to evacuate with the others. Kane soon turned back to helix and after a press of the button on the top of his head, he watched helix booting back on. After roughly ten seconds helix was back to floating and his screen displayed a " ? ". Alongside a few beeps in confusion. Kane just came in to lightly hug the little bot. "Its good to have you back bud." He sighed. Though he knew he couldn't make the moment last and soon opened his arms to let helix look around the apartment. Pistol still in his grip kane was ready to leave. His position has already been compromised. "Alright helix, I know its a lot to take in but we have to go. Now." He ordered. Kane bit his tongue, feeling a little bad with how stern he was. Hating to have to order helix. Helix of course did comply. Landing on kanes shoulder before a little muzzle deployed out of the bottom front of helix. A stun gun of his own. Seeming like helix wasn't allowing himself to get caught off guard again. After a light nod from kane, he made his way to the sargent's body one last time. Swiping the few extra magazines he had and stuffed them in his pocket. Before he could stand back up. Helix swooped down by the sargent's boots displaying an arrow pointing down. Kane raised a brow. "Excuse me?" Kane was aware that helix had programming to protect him and had a extra tactical advantage thanks to the...experience he's had with being hunted before. Plus kane's shoes were a wreck thanks to the glass. With a sigh he took off his shoes and after a light struggle he managed to get the combat boots on. Which would definitely offer far more protection, alongside a small combat knife was magnetically sheathed to the right boot. Though a little big, kane tightened them on before finally standing. "Alright, lets go." 

Flashing red and orange lights filled the hall from kane's suite. Peeking his head out helix stayed close behind when kane stepped out the seemingly empty hall. As they made there way to the stairs, kane notices the doors of each unit wide open. Guess kane couldn't blame them, never in his life have he heard these alarms going off for an actual emergency. So when it came it must have horrified these people. Especially his neighbors, being right beside him when the ship started blasting into his suite. Kane then suddenly bumped into helix, who seemed to have floated in front of him. "W-wha-?" Helix then lightly tapped his mouth. Making him shut up. Standing at the edge of the wall, the next turn would lead them to the elevator and across from it, the stairs. Tilting his head ever so carefully to the side kane tried to see what disturbed helix.  At first it seemed just as empty as the rest until his eyes came to the door leading to the stairs. A guard was there. Standing at attention, checking at every entrance. His face coming towards kane before he and helix moved back. Hoping they weren't spotted, they waited a few seconds. Looking back at each other every now and then. As nothing the alarms continued, kane began to think. "Helix, we're fine. Most of the soldiers that attacked us got shot down by that ship." He tried to assure his little bot. Though, he admittedly had a hard time believing the words himself. On the topic of the ship, kane had wondered for a while what has happened to that ship and why the hell it even saved him.