Chapter Twelve

The morning suns of Jev rose in the sky. Shining brightly in Kale's room, even with the curtains down. Kane groaned as the bright light landed along his face. Kale was sleeping on the floor beside him. A few blankets were placed down to make the ground a bit more comfortable to sleep on. Turning to his side, Kane tried to avoid the incoming sunlight gunning towards the rest of the room. However, that soon did very little for him when it was Helix that floated down to lightly push his face. Beeping softly before displaying,

"Wake up." on his screen.

"Mmmm...Five..more minutes." Kane groaned in his sleep. Though they both knew Helix wasn't the type to wait. So he would bop him again....and again. Until eventually Kane would at least open his eyes.

"Alright, I'm up." Kane sighed, using an arm to help him up. Helix beeped happily! Even twirling in the air displaying,

"YAY!" beforing flying up to nuzzle Kane.

"H-hey now. Don't be so dramatic, I was only sleeping." Kane said, though he couldn't help but smile as he rubbed the cybel on the side of his "face".

"He's quite the loyal little guy isn't he?" Ryko asked from the end of the door. Both Kane and Helix seem to have turned to face the lykoi at the same time.

"He wouldn't leave your side all night. That and he wouldn't let anyone near you. Just look at Kale." He said, gesturing Kale that was laying on the ground. Kane nervously laughed at the sight,

"Sorry about that, again, we don't normally stay with people for long. So this will take some getting used to. For all of us." With how genuine Kane sounded, Ryko nodded before waving him to follow.

"Come on, let her sleep. The girls hardly get enough of it anyway." Kane stood up awkwardly raising a foot over and around Kale. Trying not to fall or step on her. In fact, if Helix didn't spot him nearly slipping over her tail and zoomed down to catch him before falling. Then it would've been game over. Though thanks to Helix's save, Kane sighed in relief.

"Thanks buddy." Kane whispered with a thumbs up.

Heading down the hallway. Kane remembered how they were supposed to go down. Through the other grav-lift. Kane looked at it nervously before Helix pushed a little. Kane reacted and moved back.

"H-hey!" He shouted in a whisper! The cybel then floated up, displaying a " -_- ". Kane blushed from his fear and looked back at the grav-lift.

"I-I'm going! Just...hold on." With a few sarcastic beeps, Helix floated down. With a sigh, Kane stepped down, feeling the grav-lift gently pulling him down, soon pushing him out and on the first floor. It felt so odd for him, but he was grateful to be ok. Kane and Helix then heard sizzling. Followed by a rather delicious smell.

"Take a seat!" Ryko shouted from the kitchen, "Breakfast will be ready soon!" That worked for Kane, who then sat on the couch with Helix landing on his lap. As the two waited, Kane looked around the living again, actually feeling awake now he properly examined everything. Looking at the picture of Ryko and the girls beside the couch, he carefully picked up the picture. Hearing the cooking continue in the background. Kane just looked at the picture, seeing how happy the three seemed. It's hard to believe that this was the life they had to live now. Then again, they still seemed rather happy.

When Ryko entered the living room with two plates in his hands. He noticed Kane with the picture in his hands,

"Careful there, you have my favorite one with the girls and I." Ryko warned. Kane smiled at that,

"I can tell. It's a gorgeous photo. I'm happy you were to get a physical copy." Ryko then returned the smile, placing Kane's plate down.

"Yeah, no kidding. You can imagine how rare this is to do in parts like Jev." Putting the picture back down, Kane took his plate and began to eat his breakfast.