Chapter Twenty

"We're clear of the blockade." Kane announced, keeping his ship close to the other pirates that managed to push through as well.

"How's my ship?" Kane asked, looking back as Helix came back from the cargo bay, he typed,

"Pretty good all things considered."

"We lost four out of our six coil guns. One of them is badly damaged. Moderate damage across the entire hull. Engines are ok however. Communication satellites are slightly damaged. Cargo is safe." Dusk informed him, continuing to monitor the terminals.

"And how much longer till we reach Draz?" Tarrus asked, not entirely a fan of the condition of their first line of defense. Kane was silent for a moment as he surveyed where exactly they were. Using the monitors to assist, he noticed they were over some of the mountains of Jev. However, as they continued to fly, they spotted the battle on the ground far in the distance. Though it was so distant, the only signs of battle they could actually see were the explosions. Most likely from Mechs battling it out. Possibly other ground vehicles getting in the mix as well.

"I'd say not too long if we keep at this pace." Kane replied.

Then suddenly one of the pirate ships was barraged with lasers. Exploding nearly instantly by the sheer overwhelming number of incoming fire. From then, the other ships started to scatter. Losing their close formation to force the enemy to spread out their firing. Those who were still in decent condition attempted to fire back. Kane spotted as even a few remaining pirate fighters swooped in to attack enemy U-4's that moved in!

"That's a lot of fighters!" Tarrus shouted, watching the one cannon on Kane's ship opened fire as well. Trying just as desperately as the other damaged pirate ships to repel the incoming U.G.G forces.

"I see U.G.G transports coming to our location as well!" Kane shouted, seeing several transports soaring closer firing their own weapons. Even with being in a better position, the pirates ships were only getting shot down. In fact, they seemed to be only getting shot down. Kane tried to keep a close eye as one of the larger pirate transports came crashing down on Jev's surface. Tarrus widened his eyes at the sight.

"We need to help them!" He yelled, pointing at the massive ship that laid in the forest. Dusk however only shook his head, "That's a bad idea, we can't risk the cargo." Tarrus glared at the anvol. "Those are our people down there!" Tarrus shouted again. Knowing Dusk was only speaking the fact, Kane could see the lykoi took offense to the reply, so he spoke up. "There's nothing we can do anyway. U.G.G transports will surely be on their way to kill the survivors." He said carefully. Especially when Tarrus turned to him. Holding that glare on his face. Though, in a second or so, he let up.

"Yeah, you're right." Kane veered the ship to the right, trying to avoid drawing the U-4's to their location. However, as more of the pirate ships were getting shot to the surface of the planet. There were becoming fewer ships to rely on. Kane noticed quickly and moved to a terminal to start a transmission with Draz. To which she thankfully answered almost instantly.

"I got newssss you're on the planet." She hissed. Kane nodded,

"Yeah, but we're in trouble. The U.G.G knows that we got past their blockade and have sent ships to bring us down. Transports are then sent to deal with the survivors." He explained. Watching Draz as she thought of her options. Kane could only imagine how many intense and stressful decisions she's had to make in the few hours. She then began to speak, "What are the chancessss of you getting shot down?" She asked. After a couple seconds of concentrating his flying Kane replied,

"I'd say pretty high." Draz then sighed, seeming to be looking at another screen.

"You may be on your own for a while Kane, stick close with those that survive alongside you. They may be your only chance of survival until I can send a team to get you out of there." Kane sighed as well. Placing a hand on his Lance,