Chapter Thirteen

"We found them!" Captain Vail bellowed triumphantly in the bridge. Those were the first words Alan heard when the elevator doors opened. The captain didn't even notice the G.L entering as his concentration was fixated on a terminal. Behind the captain, crew throughout the bridge stood in attention. As more and more of the crew noticed that Alan had entered the bridge, it was only a matter of time before Vail noticed as well. One of the crew members beside him tapped his shoulder, to whisper the G.L had come aboard the bridge. Turning back, his eyes suddenly widened as his back shot up with a salute shooting beside his face.

"G.L on deck!!" Alan casually walked onto the bridge,

"At ease everyone." He said. Focusing his attention to the captain. "Seems like some important news has happened." He brought up, gesturing the terminal he's been leaning over.

"Yes of course, please come down sir." Dropping down the small ledge, Alan walked over to the terminal by the crew member and the captain.

"You claim that you found them?" Alan asked as he rose a brow at the captain. Captain Vail nodded confidently, looking at the terminal again. The screen displayed several ships shown as different shapes.

"These are ships leaving Jev." The crew member stated, he then typed along the holo-grapphic keyboard to zoom in on a particular ship. The shape was a green triangle just leaving the atmosphere.

"That ship is the Jade sir, the very ship Mr. Lons escaped in." Noticing the G.L's face showing his doubt, the captain was swift to step in,

"We managed to gain the ships serial number from one of the union's soldiers helmet cams. KR-029394-07 to be specific. Which was a reported stolen Kret several years ago." Seeming quite satisfied Alan turned to Captain.

"This is excellent, captain, set course to Jev." With a salute Captain Vail barked,

"Yes sir!" The crew on the bridge worked speedily to get the Y-Class moving. Within seconds, the massive ship made a jump.

Both the captain and Alan walked up to the front of the bridge, watching the array of blues, purples and greens flash before their eyes.

"How long till we reach Jev?" Alan asked.

"Minutes, sir. Shouldn't be long by now." Alan squinted, as he never moved his face from the glass.

"Then I'll be seeing you Kane..."

__________________________________________________

After firing the last shot in the magazine, Fay reloaded her standard issue union pistol. With trained speed, she emptied the mag before slapping a fresh one in the weapon. Continuing to fire upon the targets in the range. Axel was right beside her, his rifle in a firm grip as he fired individual shots at the targets displayed in front of him. With each shot he managed to hit a bullseye on each target. Pausing her own shooting, Fay watched as Axel nailed another set of targets.

"Damn! Good shooting Axel." She complimented, seeming actually surprised.

"I learned from the best." He chuckled as he reloaded the rifle. Fay only scoffed,

"Oh please, I taught you basics." Axel however shook his head,

"True, but you helped me a lot more with this weapon than just on the range." He said back. Aiming in as the new set of targets spawned on his lane on the range. Fay on the other hand just finished dispatching her set and had to wait for her set to load in new targets.

"What can I say, it's easier to train on the field. Especially when your life's on the line." While opening fire on his targets, Axel realized what she was referencing,

"You mean on Hazal?" He asked. Fay brought up her weapon as her targets suddenly spawned in.

Swarm formation. Multiple smaller targets started at the end of her lane, though came rushing through quickly. Most of the targets moved side to side at rapid speeds while charging at her! Fay was about to attempt to fight off the swarm of holo-graphic targets with her sidearm, that was until Axel suddenly flicked his rifle on safety and shoved the weapon in her chest.

"Here, I'll use your pistol." Fay shot a confused glare at him. By then her pistol was already out of her hands and was swapped for his rifle. Looking back at the targets rushing towards her, he turned the safety off, putting the weapon on burst fire. She raised the long, black union rifle and began to open fire! Each burst of led smashed pairs of the charging targets! With steady breathing, she quickly pulled the trigger with each burst fired. By the end of the magazine, the last two targets were destroyed. A glowing spark of holographic dust was left of the last of the targets before the effects were removed. Not allowing the simulation on her lane to load another set of targets, Fay turned her lane on stand by mode.

Bringing her attention to Axel, with her pistol now in his hands. He brought up the handheld weapon with ease, watching a triplet of targets making a push as the barrier that they were hiding behind despawned. With his finger aligned with the trigger, he aimed for his first target, the one down in the middle. He pulled the trigger, watching the bullet smash through the holo-graphic circle as it blasted into pieces. The other two were quick to notice their fallen ally and began to move in random directions to avoid getting hit. This began to throw Axel off, as he was trying to aim the pistol properly with the next target. "Damn." He said under breath, soon attempting to fire rapidly at the targets. Since they were getting dangerously close! His only option, or so he thought was to fire blindly at the incoming targets. Each shot however only missed, zooming past the blue circles before they reach the end. With that, a red projection read out the word "Failed" and the simulation ended. Axel sighed, turning back to Fay, who walked up to him.

"Not bad." She said, handing his rifle back to him,

"Though, I know you're more accurate with this." Axel nodded, giving her sidearm back. "Thanks, just saw you needed this more than me during that sim." Fay scoffed,

"Except I wanted the challenge, we were both trained in basic that swapping to our side arm is far more efficient than attempting to reload our primary weapon. Yet, I always notice soldiers seeming to ignore they even have it." Axel thought about it for a few seconds before replying,

"Yeah, you got a point." He brought out his own pistol, hardly remembering the last time he'd even fired the weapon after training. With a smirk she bumped him with her elbow.

"That would explain a lot." She said, as if she read his mind.

Fay's military grade holo-watch soon went off, the call coming from the sergeant. Without hesitation she answered the call,

"Corporal Innes, you and Private Vission are needed back in our bunks to suit up ASAP!" The sergeant barked, his voice crackling slightly in the call.

"Understood sir, we're on our way." The sergeant then ended the call and the two were off with a brisk jog.

"Sounded urgent, what do you think?" Axel asked as the pair moved through the various halls of the capital ship.

"You know exactly what I think," Fay said, her speed increasing.

"We found him."