Chapter Six

It was distorted, but Alan saw it.

An explosion.

Then another.

His eyes widened as he stared at his holo-watch. Seeing the live feed play on the news. A fighter craft had been attacking a U.G.G base on Para V. Union forces stationed have been deployed and have been scattered trying to take down the one ship. One of the first things Alan noticed as he watched was how fast and nimble that ship was. Zipping past several buildings to avoid oncoming fire. In fact, it looked like that ship hadn't even taken a scratch. A few mechs soon came into view of the feed.

Sentry's

They wouldn't stand a chance...

"Is everything alright sir?" Hans asked. Stepping beside him to see the holo-feed playing from Alan's watch. The walk home was peaceful at first. It had begun to rain in the enormous city. A crackle of thunder was heard in the distance. Hans held an umbrella over the two. A series of taps crashing on the umbrella as the two watched. After a few more minutes of silence between the two, Alan cut off the feed. Closing his eyes as a sigh came out of him. Hans stared at his master intently.

"Sir?"

"...That ship...It's for Kane Lons... Isn't it?"

"...I...I would believe so sir."

Alan's eyes eventually opened, turning to Hans. Hans froze as their eyes locked. A gulp was made as his peripherals noticed Alan's mechanical arm. Its fingers wiggled before gripping into a fist. Alan's attention then turned to the ships flying above them, past the umbrella. Through the thick, grey clouds a mix of civilian and military craft flew above the vast city. Adding small specks of light in the dark sky. Hans soon joined him.

"What are you planning to do sir?"

"I think it's time I meet Kane in person," Alan answered plainly, continuing to stare up at the seemingly endless number of ships. Watching as both lanes of ships either entered or exited the atmosphere of the planet. While others were flying around the city.

"Then perhaps we should head back a little sooner." Hans offered, using his holo-watch to call in a ride. Alan kept quiet, bringing his head down to view the many people that were walking along the streets as well. A few would have recognized him. Usually getting excited to actually meet the galactic leader in person. Though Alan kept it casual by offering a smile, easy small talk and then ending it with either a handshake or even a hug. When he'd watch the person he interacted with would leave, he couldn't help but feel his smile become more...genuine.

Within twenty minutes a black Hover-Limousine stopped by Alan's home. Stepping out, Alan began to walk inside, Hans was close behind. The same pair of guards as before gave Alan a swift salute. Alan then stopped in front of the two before shaking one with a strong and confident handshake.

"Take the rest of the night off you two. You've done well today." He said the two took a second to look at each other. A smile shown on their faces, the one who was shaking Alan's hand nodded his head.

"Thank you, sir, we'll see you in the morning." He replied with a gruff voice. His hand departing from the handshake.

"That you will, take care, Jacob." With that, Alan began to enter further in his home while the guards began to leave.

At his office, Alan had prepared his communication terminal to speak with General Corgan, a rather impressive hellion. Alan sat back as he waited for the transmission to be answered. Corgan was one of the first non-human generals to oversee such an important world under the U.G.G. Especially after his bold tactics against the Bruticus Syndicate. A growing band of hellions and humans banding together to create the "2nd Wave." Alan could almost feel the headache returning as he recalled the event. The 2nd Wave was an event that was believed by the Bruticus Syndicate. The 2nd Wave would essentially wipe out all intelligent life within the galaxy. When it came to how and when the answer became very vague and inconsistent. Though, that didn't change the surprisingly strong faith they had for the 2nd Wave. In fact, due to the size of the U.G.G the leaders of the Bruticus Syndicate, the Chosen Hands had targeted Harmony as the cause of the 2nd Wave. At first, the U.G.G hardly saw the religious faction as a threat. However, as their numbers grew, the religion strengthened and with a sizable number of planets under their banner. People began to notice the Bruticus Syndicate as something more than a few crazy fanatics. Especially when they became the 6th largest faction. Just under the Forged Union.