Happy for You

"I have something to tell you." Tom said pulling me to the side. 

"Yes?" I asked as he took a deep breath. 

"I'm in love with Lady Bagshaw's maid Lucy." He said making me smile. "Are you mad?" He asked as I shook my head no. 

"Of course not. I'm happy for you, it's about time you've moved on." I said giving him a hug. "What does Violet think about it?" 

"She likes it in terms of getting the Bagshaw residence and fortune, but not in terms of loving Lady Bagshaw's daughter." He said as I gasped. 

"She's her daughter?" I asked as he nodded and put his finger over his lips. 

"Don't tell anyone though." He whispered as I nodded and giggled. "I'll let you go now, goodnight." He said as bowing as I slightly curtsied. After our talk I headed up to my room to go to bed, I couldn't believe it, Violet had left me her estate when she died. I couldn't believe it. 

"Y/N, is it okay for me to come in?" James asked from the other side of the door. 

"Yes, come in." I said putting on my robe and opening the door for him to come in. "What are you doing here so late?" I asked as he chuckled and blew out his candle. "What if Anna come in?" I asked. 

"It's okay. Don't worry about it." He said sitting down on the couch and patting the spot next to me. "It's not like we're trying to hide it from anyone anymore. The family knows and quite a few staff members know to." He said as I sighed and nodded before sitting next to him on the couch. as we looked into the fire I started tearing up. "What's wrong?" He asked wiping a tear away with his thumb. 

"I'm just sad about Violet and overwhelmed by the fact she's giving me her home. I mean I don't know if I could afford living there." I said. 

"The family pays for the up keeping of the house, and even if they didn't it's kind of like she's handing you some of her fortune." James said running his fingers through my hair.  "I feel like she's showing how much she trusts and believes in you."  He said as I nodded.

"I'm going to invite her out to lunch tomorrow to talk about more details. Do you want to come, this involves you too." I asked as he nodded.

"Sure. I'd love to." He said before leaning down to kiss me.

"Okay, that's enough, go to bed, I'll see you in the morning." I said pushing him away from me as he smiled and left me to think to myself.

"Ready to go?" I asked knocking on the dinning room door frame where James was sitting. 

"Yep, see you later." James said waving at Alfie who waved back to us. "I'm nervous." James said as we both walked to the car. 

"I know, I am to." I said taking his hand as we both climbed into the back of the car.  As soon as we got to the restaurant, we immediately saw Violet in the window. "Come on." I said grabbing James' hand and dragging him in the restaurant. "Aunt Violet!" I said calling to her as she waved and gestured for us to come over.

After ordering and digging in to the food Violet finally brought up the topic. 

"So the house. I know you're concerned about the upkeep, but Robert handles those things. I also want you to know, that when I give you my estate, I'm giving you basically a part of my fortune." She said as I nodded and looked at James. 

"Thank-you Dowager Countess." James said as she smiled. 

"You have so much talent and potential you to, and once you leave the house, I don't want you to not be able to afford what you're meant to do or be." She said putting her hand on top of mine on the table. "Well, I should get going, I have a meeting with Doctor Clarkson." She said getting up and giving us both a hug before leaving. 

"That was nice." James said standing up to help me put my jacket on.

"Yes it was.  I've always wanted to name one of my children Violet." I said as he smiled and nodded his head. 

"Same. Think of it Violet Kent, sounds right don't you think." James asked as I rolled my eyes and nodded. 

"Be quiet. Now come on I want to get back home before Mary does. I want to have a  word with her."