To Freedom

After my little walk in the village I went back home and changed for the party. I convinced everyone to come from upstairs. We all changed and headed downstairs for the party. 

As soon as we got down we all decided we were going to surprise Mr.Bates. So we all hid behind cabinets. "Where is everyone?..." Asked Mr. Bates, but he was cut off by all of us yelling "SURPRISE!!!" and threw confetti everywhere. Both Anna and Bates looked surprised and happy. "Welcome home Bates!" Robert said giving Bates a big hug. We all gave him hugs and then the band came. 

It was a classic classical band, everyone found a partner and started dancing. "May I have this dance?" Asked James holding out his hand. I smiled and accepted his hand. Everyone was doing a upbeat two step. I didn't know the two-step so I stood on James' feet while he danced around. "Where did you get a band to play at such short notice?" He asked during the break in the music. "Money can buy a lot of things.." You said as the music started back up. Alfie came and asked you to dance, and you accepted also standing on his feet as he danced around.  "Foods ready!" Mrs. Pattmore yelled from the kitchen. 

Mrs. Pattmore made sandwiches and pastries. "Can I get your attention?" Asked Mr. Bates. "I just want to thank  Y/N for throwing me this welcome back." He said as everyone clapped for you. "I also want to thank Anna and his lordship for getting me out of prison." "To Freedom!" I said clinking glasses with Matthew. "TO FREEDOM!" Everyone said clinking glasses. 

"OH Daisy, Mrs. Pattmore, can I ask you a favour." I asked as we were all heading up to bed. "Of course Miss" Daisy said curtsying. "Can you make some french toast for Mr Bates and Anna tomorrow morning? I want them him to have a good first day back." You said as they both nodded. "Thank you goodnight." You said slowly walking up the stairs. 

Tonight you and James met up in the garden. We always sat on the bench and talked about our life and occasionally went on a walk to the lake, but James didn't come last night. I waited till around 12:00 until I went back inside and went to bed. I wonder why he didn't show up. Did I do something wrong?