Uncomfortable

After luncheon Pete asked to talk personally with me. I was terrified of what he was going to say.

"Abigail would love to met you one of these day's before the wedding. She was wondering if she could come in a couple of days. Like two? She has a dress fitting tomorrow but after that could work?" He asked fiddling with his fingers.

"Of course she came come over. How about for lunch? We could eat in the garden?" I suggested. Looking at him uncomfortably shift. In the corner of my eye I could see James watching us. It made me smile to think he was worrying over me.

"OK, I'll ring you later. I have to go meet my aunt right now. But it was good to talk and see you again." I said smiling and quickly ran up the stairs. 

As soon as I closed my door to my room I slowly slid down it, burried my face in my hands and started crying.

James POV
I heard Y/N and Pete were talking in the hall and wanted to make sure she was OK. I only got a little glimpspe of them before she ran off to her room, probably in tears. After Pete left I slowly made my way over to Y/N's room to make sure she was alright.

"Y/N?" I asked knocking on her door and tried to open it. She's probably locked it. "Y/N, it's me. Can I come in?" I ask as she opens her door only to reveal the fact that she was sitting on the floor. "What's wrong?" I asked sitting next to her and engulfed her in a hug. 

"Pete's getting married in a couple fo weeks." She said burrying her head in my shoulder. 

"Why are you crying. Aren't you happy for him?" I asked.

"Yes but.... I think I still love him." She said looking up at me. "I mean not like I used to. I just feel like I lost my chance to tell him how I really felt towards him." She said. I grinned because she said the word FELT. 

"Shh it's ok." I said rubbing her back trying to comfort her, but the truth was I scared that if she told him now. He might have the same feelings for her and leave his fiance and they would get together. "Why don't you go talk to him once you get back and clear the air. Both of you need to talk this out." 

"OK. Thank you." She said pecking my cheek.