The Hidden Garden

The footman took me to a hidden garden. It was hidden behind a few pillars. It was beautiful, it had wild daisies and roses.

"I'm very sorry about Lady Sybil Milady. I'm fairly new here so I never got to know her but she sounded like a lovely person." James said sitting next to me on a bench near a rose bush.

"That's the thing, I didn't really know her that well, I feel like I should be sadder but I'm not." I confessed. He just nodded and pulled out something out from behind him. He handed me a pretty White rose and said.

"I'm sorry, here."  I was shocked, but I still smiled and took the rose.

"Thanks you, I thought you didn't like me, you "spilled" soup all over me." I said moving closer.

"No, I don't hate you I really did trip.... I really like you." He said also inching towards me. Then all of the sudden Alfred hops out of one of the bushes.

"ALFRED!!!" We both yelled, as Jimmy hopped in front of me, protecting me.

"Sorry I just heard Jimmy an wanted to tell him Mr.Carson is looking for us." he said holding up a lantern.

He nodded and gave me the lantern, then smiled and left with Jimmy

He nodded and gave me the lantern, then smiled and left with Jimmy. I stayed in the garden for a while before heading back to all the chaos, but  eventually had to go because it was getting cold outside.

"Miss. Y/N are you cold?" Asked Carson, blanket in hand. I nodded and took the blanket.

"Thank you Carson."

"I'm sorry you had to witness this horrible event on your first day staying with us." He said escorting me up to my room. After that I just walked in silence.

"Thank you for walking me to my room." I said smiling and then closed the door only to sink to the floor crying.

(James POV)

"What were you doing with Miss Y/N?" Alfred asked as we approached Downton.

"She was sad about something so I wanted to cheer her up, so when Mrs.Pattmore asks about me she'll be praising my name." I said opening the servants door at the back.

"What's wrong Mr.Carson?"

"I'm afraid that Sybil had just died." Mrs.Hughes said standing next to Mr.Carson.

"Is their anything we should do Mr.Carson?" Asked Daisy with a sad expression on her face.

"Carry on Daisy, as we all must." he said I could tell he was trying to be strong but he was hurting. Then Mr.Barrow and Anna left the room. I didn't really know Lady Sybil but I knew everyone else did so I stayed for emotional support. Then I saw Miss. Y/N walk down the stairs with Lady Mary, they were both in their robes.

"Lady Mary, Miss Y/N what can we do for you?" Mr. Carson asked.

"Me and Y/N just wanted to see everyone, we need each other right now." she said and pulled Mr.Carson into a hug. Y/N just stood their awkwardly while everyone else hugged, so I decided to hug her. She looked shocked but she hugged back. 

(YOUR POV) 
Mary asked me if I wanted to go with her downstairs, I agreed because I wanted to see downstairs.  I headed downstairs and followed Mary. She told the servants that we all needed each other especially now. While everyone hugged I just stood their like a weirdo and watched. Until James walked over to me and hugged me. I was shocked but hugged him back. Then went and hugged Daisy, Alfred, Mrs.Pattmore, and Anna. While heading up the stairs with Mary I smiled at James, and he smiled back.