Can We be Friends?

I was so embarrassed, I knew Tom told everyone that I probably fancied James. I think I like too people at the same time. I like both Pete and James at the same time. I shouldn't be dragging those poor boys along. I skipped dinner so I was really hungry, it was about 2:00 AM. I though everyone had gone to bed so I got out of bed and  sneaked down to the kitchen, but to my surprise their was a few people still awake. Daisy, Mrs.Pattmore, Alfred, and James. 

They were all sitting at the table, but as soon as they saw me they all stood up and asked me what was wrong and how I was holding up. "I'm fine Mrs.Pattmore. I was just wanting to see if their was any leftovers from dinner." You said wrapping a blanket tightly around your shoulders. "Of course!! Let me get you a plate, please." She said gesturing for me to sit down at the table. She heated up for me some meat loaf and rice. "Thank you, I'm sorry to keep you all up." You said smiling at all of them. 

You all talked while eating dinner. It was nice to talk to them. There all really nice people. After you finished you washed your plate and thanked them for staying up with you. 

"Wait Y/N." He said grabbing your wrist. "I mean Miss Y/N." He said blushing. "Mr.Branson wanted you to wake him up after you get dressed." "Alright, Thank you." You said as he slowly let go of your wrist. You smiled and made your way back up to your room. 

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

"Tom...." You said peeking your head in his room. He wasn't there so you assumed he was in the washroom. "Oh, James gave you the message." He said walking out in a dress shirt. "Where are we going. I hope no where to fancy." You said walking over to his chair and sat down waiting for him.

"Were going to go see Mary and Matthew at a club in England. You look great by the way." He said as you wrapped your arm around his and left for the car. 

Mr. Stark was the new chauffeur, so Tom had to tell him the directions to the club. "Robert thought we should throw you a ball to show everyone your ready to find someone to marry." Tom said in between giving Stark the directions. "What why I already have a suitor." You said not looking at him. "Oh really, Who?" He asked with a smug look on his face. "Pete, the boy who came and visited." You quietly said. "Well I don't know what Robert would say about that, I mean he threw a fit when he found out I was going to marry Sybil, and know he thinks of you as a daughter so... good luck." He said as we pull up to the club.