Heart broken

As soon as you got upstairs to your room, you grabbed a shall and clutch and headed back to the door. As soon as you got their you saw James waiting for you standing next to Tom. You smiled, you were glad he accepted to come with you. 

"Glad to see you read my letter." You said taking his hand, as he walked you to the car.  The rule was that servants sat in the front and house members sat in the back. Tom and James sat in the front and talked while you sat in the back listening, but mostly preparing yourself to say goodbye to your dear aunt. James noticed that you weren't really paying attention to the conversation. 

"I'm so sorry about your Aunt. Both of you. I remember losing my dad." He said looking into the mirror. "I'm sorry I didn't know you lost your father. When?" Tom asked while you stayed silent but made eye contact. "He died in war, they said one of the last men to die." He said with glossy eyes, but before you could say anything you pulled up to your aunt's house. 

James was a gentleman by opening the door and helping you out. "I'll knock so Andrew knows it's me." You said quietly as you went up to the door and did the secret knock you and Andrew established. "Miss, Y/n hurry, she doesn't have much time!" Andrew said quickly opening the door. Tom took your jacket as you ran upstairs to be with your aunt.  James stayed with Andrew while Tom slowly made his way up. 

As soon as you saw your aunt lying in bed, your heart broke. She was so pale and lost a lot of weight. She was sleeping so peacefully. As soon as you saw her you stopped and covered your mouth with your hand to stop yourself from crying. Tom came in shortly after and wrapped his arms around you, pulling you into a hug. Just as he did this Elizabeth started screaming and coughing violently. You both had a look of shock on your face as the doctor ran in to see what was happening as you hid your face in Tom's chest. Then all of the sudden the screaming stopped. "Aunt Elizabeth? Aunt Elizabeth?" You said kneeling beside her. "Y/N, Tom, I'm so sorry for your loss." The doctor said as you burred your face into the sheets. "NO! We just lost Sybil, I can't lose you to!" You screamed as James ran in to the room. Tom knelled beside you trying to pry you off of your dead Aunt, but you wouldn't. "NO TOM!!! I can't leave her." You screamed as you felt a strong pair of arms pulling you off of her. It was James. As soon as he got you off her he just held you in his arms ad you cried into his chest. The doctor officially declared her dead and went to go call the men from Gatsby.

 "Come on Y/N we must be getting back to Downton now if we want to make it back for dinner." Tom said as you all walked out of the house. "Andrew I'm so sorry but I have to let you go." You said as he nodded and said goodbye and made your way back to Downton still in James' arms