Her Royal Highness

(James POV)
"She's quite pretty eh Alfred?" I said elbowing Alfred, waiting for Mrs.Pattmore to send up the soup. He nodded and smirked at my comment. "Don't get any ideas, she doesn't deserve to be sitting up their with the family, what has she done?" I said, rolling my eyes.

"Nothing, but you need to get this soup up their before it becomes Ice cubes!" Mrs. Pattmore said as we both nodded and took the soup.

YOUR POV
"Tom were do I sit?" I asked awkwardly, standing around the table.

"Right by Cora." He said pointing at her. I nodded and sat beside her, I was so nervous, it was my first dinner at a fancy estate like this.Then the footman came out with the soup. They were giving out the soup to all the family members, but when one came to me he said something to the other footman and they both giggled. Then he came over to me looked at the footman and then "tripped" on the carpet spilling the hot soup all over my nicest dress I had brought. Everyone gasped and stood up. I just gasped and stood up brushing off all the soup from your lap, but the footman just stood back up and headed his way back to the kitchen .

"James get back here this moment and apologize to Miss. Y/N!" Carson said, grabbing James' forearm.

"Y/N are you alright?" Asked both Tom and Cousin Matthew at the same time rushing to my side.

"Yes I'm fine, if you'll excuse me." I said, politely excusing myself from the table, tearing up.

"Of course." Robert said as everyone watched me leave the dinning room in tears

(James POV)

It was time for the big Luncheon it's time for my little prank on Y/N. "Alfred watch what I'm about to do." I said giggling. He giggled back and nodded. Just as I were about to lay her soup on the table I "tripped" on the carpet and dropped the bowl of soup all of Miss. Y/N's lap. Everyone gasped and stood up. I thought this was my chance to break away but Mr. Carson caught me and made me apologize as soon as she comes back.

(YOUR POV)

I quickly ran to my room and threw myself on the bed crying my eyes out.

"Miss. Y/N you should really change out of that dress." Anna said coming into my room. I quickly got up and wiped your tears away and nodded. She laid out a new dress that Mary had lent me. I  got changed and quickly made my way back down. As soon as I entered everyone stood up and look at me.

The dress Mary lent me was stunning.

"Miss Y/N I would like to Apologize for spilling your soup on your lap." James said holding tray of chicken.

"I accept your apology." I said, coldly sitting down and enjoyed the rest of dinner. As soon as everyone had finished we moved to the lounge to talk and have drinks.

"I'm glad you didn't get burned

"I'm glad you didn't get burned." Said Edith. I was talking to her, Tom, and Matthew. Sybil was in bed resting.

"Are you excited?" I asked Tom handing him another drink.

"Yes, I can't wait speaking of though I should go to bed and check up on her, Good night y/n." Tom said smiling and kissed my cheek before her left.

"So y/n do you have a beau back at home?" Matthew asked.

"Well no, but I like this guy his name is Pete he a blacksmith at the local business." I said smiling at the thought of Pete.

"Oh what's his name?" Mary asked,  approaching us watching me blush like crazy.

"Pete, or Peter." I mumbled.

"Well you have to invite him over and we must meet this Pete." She said before heading to bed.