Prologue

It was just another dreadful day. Hearing the same beeps from the same machines, eating the same bland food, and taking the same painful test. I was tired of it all, but I couldn't do anything about it.

Six months ago, I got sick. At first I didn't think it was a big deal, but then I collapsed in school. After that came the tests and hospitals. And it was still the same six months later. The only thing that changed was that I learned how to pass the time better.

At first, I would spend my days staring at walls, trying not to think about my situation. I would play dumb puzzle games on my phone, but I would quickly get bored. Then I saw an add for an otome game while playing. I had never played one before, so I gave it a shot.

And then I got sucked into otome games. I loved how they made me feel special. And how it made me forget about real life. I would pretend that boys in the games actually feel in love with me. This would be the closest to a boyfriend I would probably ever get.

After the last test, I pulled out my phone and started to play my latest game, Kiss Me Please. It wasn't the best game I've ever played, but it was good enough to make me stick with it. I loved all the male leads. From the innocent prince Jack Cuaffer, the cold and silent Blake, the tsundere Author Miller, and the sadistic Mason.

After unlocking all the secret roots and endings, I fell asleep. But I never woke up again. At least not in this world.