20. You have nothing to worry about

LOUIS

Louis woke up on his hospital bed. The room was dark but he could still see from the lights coming from outside the window, so he looked around for his boyfriend but he was nowhere to be seen.

He then noticed people talking quietly outside the room, but he could still hear clearly because the door was only half closed, one of the voices was Harry's.

"You didn't have to come mate, I told you" Harry was saying.

"Yeah I did, I was worried" another voice replied and Louis could have recognized that Irish accent anywhere, it was Niall.

"Thanks Ni, you're a good friend, but like I told you it was just a big scare, Lou and Peanut are fine" Harry explained to Niall.

"I know and I was so relieved when you called, that text you sent me before had me panicking. But I'm worried about you now, you sounded like you were about to cry on the phone" Louis heard Niall say.

That made Louis more alert, why was Harry about to cry? Harry didn't respond and that made him worry even more.

"Harry what is it?" The Irish boy asked softly.

"I was so scared Niall, I really thought we were loosing our baby but I had to keep it together for Lou, he was a mess, he was blaming himself for everything" Harry's voice sounded shaky and Louis heard him sniffle a little "I know we didn't plan to have a baby, but I already love my little peanut so much..."

Harry's voice broke and Louis heard movement and then silence except for muffled cries, Harry's cries. That sound made Louis's heart ache and his eyes fill with tears, he had been so focused on the baby and himself that the idea that Harry was so scared never crossed his mind, he seemed so collected at the time.

He tried to pay attention to what was happening but all he heard were soft whispers coming from Niall. A couple of minutes later he heard Harry sniffle again and clear his throat.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to break down like that" Louis heard Harry say.

"Don't worry about it mate, you needed that, you were keeping everything in and that's not healthy" Niall said in a warm voice.

"Thank you" said Harry.

Then he heard someone patting someone else's back and some more whispers, Louis guessed they were hugging.

"Give me the keys to your flat, I'll bring some clothes for you and Lou in the morning" said Niall.

"I honestly owe you Ni" said Harry and then the sound of keys was heard.

"You don't owe me anything Harry, this is what friends are for" Niall replied "I know Liam and Zayn would be here too if they knew what was going on, but I didn't get the chance to tell them. By the time I got your text saying you were here, Li had already passed out from the tequila shots we were drinking, beeing the lightweight he's always been, and Zayn decided to play dad and take him home".

That didn't surprise Louis at all, he knew Liam was going to get wasted with the amount of shots he was doing. What he was surprised about was the fact Niall didn't sound drunk at all.

"Go back to Lou, I'll see you in the morning" Niall said.

"Thanks again Ni" said Harry.

A couple of seconds later the door opened and Harry entered the room quietly, probably thinking Louis was sleeping.

"Haz" Louis said softly to get his attention.

Harry looked to the bed and quickly wiped his face with his hands, Louis realized he was trying to hide the fact that he had been crying.